Pick The Announcer "Score" Re: ND | The Boneyard

Pick The Announcer "Score" Re: ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
How many times during Sunday's game, one that does not involve ND, will we hear announcers yapping something like "I think ND is the team that can beat UConn"? I am not concerned for the moment whether or not their point is valid, only guessing the number of references of this sort. Random references to ND team or player stats count in this tally as well. So what's your guess?

My guess is 8.

Reaction Score
I think I will guess around 4 times. This is usually the way it goes: UCONN comes in with another team who the majority of the country thinks they will give UCONN a game. It starts out like it might be that way, but UCONN pulls away in the 2nd half, which eventually turns into a blowout. Then, periodically, during the 2nd half, they begin to yap during stoppages in play to discuss who ever can possibly beat them. They seem to get so excited talking about that.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
We could probably scrape together a 2014 UCONN WBB version of Buzzword Bingo ....

:)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
When they refer to ND during UConn games it ticks me off.... Of course, when the refer to UConn during non-UConn games I think it's great!

Reaction Score
If UConn wins easily, the average viewer says "what's the point of watching wcbb? UConn has no competition for the NC."
That's bad for ESPN, and it's bad for wcbb.

But if it's not a foregone conclusion....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I hope they start talking that stuff around the 10 minute mark, signifying very good things for UConn happening on the floor. Go UConn, beat luaville.

Reaction Score
If UConn wins easily, the average viewer says "what's the point of watching wcbb? UConn has no competition for the NC."
That's bad for ESPN, and it's bad for wcbb.

But if it's not a foregone conclusion....

IMO it is good for WCBB. To some fans it's boring no competition, this raises the possibility that they are beatable. How can that hurt ?

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Not during the game but post Baylor studio wrap up - Kara Lawson's broadcast partner posits that "ND is better than UCONN".

Let the hype begin

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me say this. Breanna Stewart is better then any team in WCBB. Surround her will UConns roster and there is NO Competition. ND is going to be embarrassed and if you think Im wrong why do you think Muffit didn't schedule UConn??? The last thing any team wants to see is UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom