Pick 2 Leaders. | The Boneyard

Pick 2 Leaders.

Reaction Score
Pick 2 players who you think will be the team leaders this year. Several options here, but I'm going with Evina and Paige. I pick Paige only if CW doesn't pick up her game.

Reaction Score
Since there probably is no this year I will pick next year (figuring Evina leaves for the W and Anna stays in Poland) so senior Liv and senior CW are my choices...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think a lot will depend on who is the starting PG. Paige has natural leadership skills, and the PG needs to be the floor general and team leader. With Megan gone, I think the "other" person (if only 2), will likely be Evina. Also with Megan gone, I think there is hardly any disagreement on who the starting 5 will be - Paige, Christyn, Evina, Anna, Olivia.

It will be odd in a way, though, since Evina has not played a single minute of UCONN basketball. But IIRC from Geno comments, he was very complimentary of her interaction with everyone on the rest of the team in spite of the fact that she was unable to play. That leads me to believe she has the leadership skills to be one of those 2 that the OP asked for.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Liv and CW. They will be the only upperclassmen starters on the team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the factors that will impact the emergence of team leaders is whether or not UConn has on campus summer school classes, with players playing pickup games and hitting the weight room every day. We’ve seen players like Crystal & Kyla last summer, and Lou & Pheesa the summer before assume the responsibilities of leadership during summertime.

If there is no summer workouts for the team, it will be difficult for Paige to lead. Evina will also have a challenge since she’s never played a minute for UConn. My out of the box selection for team leader this coming season is Liv. Over the course of the season I saw her not only develop as a basketball player, but also as a young lady who started to show people that she is very smart and competitive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom