Pic: Gabby soars | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pic: Gabby soars

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yes-remember how long it took Tina to receive one?

IIRC , Tina didn't even get an acknowledgment *of any kind* at the end of the NC win against LVille where she came up HUGE! Maya rolled her eyes in disgust !

But he made up for it with a giant bear hug and a "How about that, Tina!!" after the NC win against Stanford, and Tina was very emotional.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
And maybe with those hops someday we'll see this?

gabby_dunk.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is it a bird? Is it a plain? No...it's Gabby!

After reading your comment, I got a visual (coinciding with this picture), What if (just for laughs) someone filmed gabby (after practice or a game), nonchalantly taking off her jersey, only to reveal a "superwomen" shirt or leotard underneath with a BIG red "S". THAT would be funny. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She is almost reaching the rim. She can dunk?
She is clearly ABOVE the rim looking down. Can she dunk? Of course she can, unless she hits her head on the rim first.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
She is almost reaching the rim. She can dunk?

She is clearly ABOVE the rim looking down. Can she dunk? Of course she can, unless she hits her head on the rim first.

Note the author of the post with that "photo" ...

Biff photoshopped the image of the backboard and rim--apparently from the 2012 London Olympics--into the original stock photo from the ND game. Looks nice, tho ;)

Reaction Score
I predict that shot is going to find its way into the arena somewhere, blow up poster style.

I hope the photog had a pretty big MP camera :D:D:D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And maybe with those hops someday we'll see this?

View attachment 17504

This is a great photo. But..............the more I look at it, the more it looks like it's been photo shopped (if indeed it has, an excellent job), unless Turner is in the process of falling down, and someone caught this action at just the precise moment. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This is a great photo. But....the more I look at it, the more it looks like it's been photo shopped (if indeed it has, an excellent job), unless Turner is in the process of falling down, and someone caught this action at just the precise moment. :rolleyes:
It's not out of line when you consider the photographer may be kneeling or sitting on the floor with the camera pointed skyward.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Note the author of the post with that "photo" ...

Biff photoshopped the image of the backboard and rim--apparently from the 2012 London Olympics--into the original stock photo from the ND game. Looks nice, tho ;)
Knew all of the above. Was just having fun at the Newbie's expense.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Your ground crew for this flight is the 6'4" Brianna Turner.

920x920.jpg
The Gabby Fathead!

Reaction Score
6'4"? No problem, Gabby can show you 7'4".

Attachments

• The Block-vs-notre-dame-20161207-007.jpg
    The Block-vs-notre-dame-20161207-007.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 60
Reaction Score
If I were Gabby I would have that blown up and put in my bedroom. But from what I've heard about Gabby, she's far too humble for that.
I'm not too humble AND I have a bedroom.

Reaction Score
i looked at my recording to see this picture was taken...this is the most likely place

Nope. Good try, but you need to watch the rest of the half. It actually comes with about 5 seconds remaining, and its against the correct defender (Turner), who is definitely on the ground.

Gabby.PNG

I'm not sure my picture is embedding - it's just a screen cap from this YouTube recording:

If that also doesn't, work, its at about 38:50 on the YouTube recording (time would be little different on ESPN version)

By the way, it was a miss...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a great photo. But....the more I look at it, the more it looks like it's been photo shopped (if indeed it has, an excellent job), unless Turner is in the process of falling down, and someone caught this action at just the precise moment. :rolleyes:

Looking at it closely, I don't see any evidence of photoshopping. Looks like the photographer shot it from just above floor level, the angle is terrific.

Reaction Score
Gabby's hustle and athleticism makes her a highlight reel staple. She is fun to watch. If you have the ability to view the ND game on DVR, watch the opening tip in slow motion. She is so explosive! Turner eventually reaches her jump's summit and hits Gabby's hand to send the ball out of play.

By the way, I think Gabby missed the shot referenced above because she was concerned with landing on Turner and injuring herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom