Piath (UMass) | The Boneyard

Piath (UMass)

Reaction Score
I know this is OT, but it’s Piath (feel free to move if needed).

Piath was first sub in at the end of the 1st quarter and instantly grabbed a rebound and got a bucket.

So happy for her in her new home (at my alma mater) :)
UMASS won 72 -57. Piath with 6 points on three for five shooting, three rebounds. There
was no amount of minutes played posted on the most recent web info. BUT... UMASS
next plays the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE on Thursday night, November 10, at 6:30 PM!!
Interesting, no?

Reaction Score
So she didn’t get a ton of time, but the chemistry is there for her. I think she’ll play a decent role on a team that won the A-10 last year and returned all starters and is looking to build a program in Amherst. I’m excited about her end line in game one. She’s definitely being talked about in the 413.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So she didn’t get a ton of time, but the chemistry is there for her. I think she’ll play a decent role on a team that won the A-10 last year and returned all starters and is looking to build a program in Amherst. I’m excited about her end line in game one. She’s definitely being talked about in the 413.
Like I said when she left, players want to play!!! Way to go Piath. :D

Reaction Score
Piath, have a good game against U of Tennessee. It's a chance to
match up with some other big girls from Tenn. Be Strong!!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Checking that other board, I notice that one orange-hued poster, who is obviously distinguished for his basketball scouting expertise, has this comment to make about their upcoming opponent from New England:

"Newcomer --- Transfer from UCONN
Piath Gabriel, at 6-5 and very strong, she should match up well in defending Key. She is expected to anchor their defense and could cause problems for Horston and Jackson when they drive. She supposedly had a LV offer out of HS."

Hmmmm ... So he thinks that someone who barely saw the court for UConn can "match up well" with Tamari Key (a four-year starter)? And that Piath can "anchor their defense" and "cause problems for [Jordan] Horston and [Rickea] Jackson when they drive????

Obviously Geno missed out on a major talent when he let Piath leave Storrs ...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Checking that other board, I notice that one orange-hued poster, who is obviously distinguished for his basketball scouting expertise, has this comment to make about their upcoming opponent from New England:

Piath Gabriel, at 6-5 and very strong, she should match up well in defending Key. She is expected to anchor their defense and could cause problems for Horston and Jackson when they drive. She supposedly had a LV offer out of HS."

Hmmmm ... So he thinks that someone who barely saw the court for UConn can "match up well" with Tamari Key (a four-year starter)? And that Piath can "anchor their defense" and "cause problems for [Jordan] Horston and [Rickea] Jackson when they drive????

Better to come up with excuses before the game than after. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Joe, 2 things: The writer was trying to impress either or both, the player and/or the fans. Hype often fills seats.
Some players play better for other coaches, case in point, Stokes rarely scored for Geno with her first Pro-team she scored big. Some players respond to different conditions better or worse.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Piath has not entered the game after 1Q vs TN? Is she okay?

Reaction Score
Piath has not entered the game after 1Q vs TN? Is she okay?
She wasn't listed in the box score. I wasn't really watching the game or bench, just the score. Was she there?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If I were a LadyVol fan I would be just as concerned by a 9 point
home win over UMass as I was about the OSU game.
But but... I was told that the 2022 portal Champions were poised to make a return to the FF after a 15 year absence.

rose ali GIF by The Bachelorette Australia

Reaction Score
Horston was injured and left the game. I think that accounts for some of the lackluster play. Has anyone heard more about this injury? Kellie Harper called it the dreaded “lower leg injury” in the post game presser. This would be a terrible loss for them if she can’t come back.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Seems as if I read that line before. As you say, Players want to play.
They both did what was best for them. They were on the end of the bench. They would still be there had they stayed. Last I checked, there are still no meaningful minutes for anyone that far down on the depth chart. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom