OT: Piath, Saylor, Mir games against UCONN opponents

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update on names! I always "clutch" and " grasp" for the
right term. In the rush of the moment I just go with the idea that comes to
mind ( wrongly, to be sure ). Quiz: What was the nickname for OLD DOMINION,
in the old days!
If I am not mistaken it was just Dominion, but prehistorically it was New Dominion.

Reaction Score
Immaculata's " Mighty MACS" were the Association of Intercollegiate Athletics for
Women National Champions for the years 1972, 1973, and 1974. Their HOF head
coach was Cathy Rush. This was all before TITLE IX. They had their 50 anniversary of
their winning the NC on Februray 9, 2022. The All American on the team was Theresa
Shank. (three times). see www.Immaculata.edu/about/ history/ champion. Also some good stuff
at hoophall.com in the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame section. Old Dominion was
another powerhouse. Good stuff. memories are made of these wonderful teams before big
time WBB.
Good memories. For those of us who grew up near Phila, Immaculata winning the national championship was likely our first introduction to women's college basketball.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Sailor has averaged close to 30 minutes so far without much offensive production
Yeah. Saylor is having a slow start getting that offensive production going and listening to the game now and she is still struggling. I do think that once she finds that groove, she is going to be a huge plus for Arkansas. She is doing pretty well on the boards though.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
14 points for Mir? warming up into the season! Saylor doing a nice job rebounding.
Piath not getting much playing time. UMASS must have good depth at the Post!
Based on what I’ve read on the UMass board, the coach has always relied on a top 6-7 and minutes will be hard to find in close games. I would expect her to eventually thrive at that level.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Poffenbarger is 5-30 (17%) from the field and 3-15 (20%) from three.

Those are shocking numbers. I know she didn't contribute much in her time at UConn, but she seems like someone who should be over 40% and 30%, respectively. Let's see how her season goes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom