OT: - Piath, Saylor, Mir games against UCONN opponents | The Boneyard

OT: Piath, Saylor, Mir games against UCONN opponents

Reaction Score
So we have Piath Gabriel playing for the UMASS LADY Minutemen (?) againt U of Tennessee
on November 10 at Tennessee. Piath is # 32 Saylor Poffenbarger will suit up against
Creighton on December 17th and finally Mir McLean will be with her Virginia Lady
Cavaliers against DUKE on December 21. Piath will next play 11/14 against my home
state U of Maine BLACK BEARS ( who are unfortunately "short" but are # 2 in the conference
behind the Lady Great Danes of Albany........ you can feel the excitement in the fall air!! GO
UCONN... destroy those OOC heavyweight.
NOTE WELL !!! ********************************* Remember the last game in Lou Lopez
Senechal's Fairfield U career was against TEXAS!!! ( in the first round of the NCAA tournament).
Lou was elbowed in the mouth in the first quarter, did not play in the second quarter. The
Stags were down by 21 to the Longhorns at the half... before Lou returned in the THIRD quarter. Lou
had taken 2 stitches to the mouth and played with a BIG bandage. Lou started with a 3 pointer and
Fairfield got the margin down to 10 points, twice, before the TEXAS squad wore the Stags down.
See the YOUTUBE Post Game Presser for Texas vs Fairfield. Skip the start, its all Texas, and listen to H C JOE
Frager of Fairfield (at minute 44) and then Fairfield's PG, Rachel, and FINALLY our own
Lou, at about minute 46. NICE BANDAGE, "Chica" ( Lou's nickname on the STAGS )
Note to Coach GENO..... It would be a good idea to play "Chica" a lot against the Longhorns.
Revenge would be " sweet". Fairfield's coach and players also give some hints on how
other team can beat TEXAS.... check it out for an early scouting report!! Z

Reaction Score
So we have Piath Gabriel playing for the UMASS LADY Minutemen (?) againt U of Tennessee
on November 10 at Tennessee. Piath is # 32 Saylor Poffenbarger will suit up against
Creighton on December 17th and finally Mir McLean will be with her Virginia Lady
Cavaliers against DUKE on December 21. Piath will next play 11/14 against my home
state U of Maine BLACK BEARS ( who are unfortunately "short" but are # 2 in the conference
behind the Lady Great Danes of Albany........ you can feel the excitement in the fall air!! GO
UCONN... destroy those OOC heavyweight.
NOTE WELL !!! ********************************* Remember the last game in Lou Lopez
Senechal's Fairfield U career was against TEXAS!!! ( in the first round of the NCAA tournament).
Lou was elbowed in the mouth in the first quarter, did not play in the second quarter. The
Stags were down by 21 to the Longhorns at the half... before Lou returned in the THIRD quarter. Lou
had taken 2 stitches to the mouth and played with a BIG bandage. Lou started with a 3 pointer and
Fairfield got the margin down to 10 points, twice, before the TEXAS squad wore the Stags down.
See the YOUTUBE Post Game Presser for Texas vs Fairfield. Skip the start, its all Texas, and listen to H C JOE
Frager of Fairfield (at minute 44) and then Fairfield's PG, Rachel, and FINALLY our own
Lou, at about minute 46. NICE BANDAGE, "Chica" ( Lou's nickname on the STAGS )
Note to Coach GENO..... It would be a good idea to play "Chica" a lot against the Longhorns.
Revenge would be " sweet". Fairfield's coach and players also give some hints on how
other team can beat TEXAS.... check it out for an early scouting report!! Z
I am really looking forward to this game -- it's not exactly revenge for Lou, since it was Ebo who elbowed her and she's gone. But still...

I remember reading somewhere that Vic thought Lou was almost more than they could handle. Maybe he was exaggerating a little out of respect for an excellent opponent, but even so, he saw there was something special in her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am really looking forward to this game -- it's not exactly revenge for Lou, since it was Ebo who elbowed her and she's gone. But still...

I remember reading somewhere that Vic thought Lou was almost more than they could handle. Maybe he was exaggerating a little out of respect for an excellent opponent, but even so, he saw there was something special in her.
I think the opinion you attribute to Vic was from one of his assistants who told it to Morgan Valley and probably aided in getting Lou onto the center of the UConn Radar

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Most teams don't have "Lady" in front of their nicknames. UMass Minutewomen, Virginia Cavaliers, and UAlbany Great Danes, for example.

Reaction Score
Because Chica is a 5th year player, a women; I'm sure she will want revenge against Texas and Lauren Ebo at Notre Dame. Uconn has the ability to get her that revenge, in both games. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Most teams don't have "Lady" in front of their nicknames. UMass Minutewomen, Virginia Cavaliers, and UAlbany Great Danes, for example.
Thanks for the update on names! I always "clutch" and " grasp" for the
right term. In the rush of the moment I just go with the idea that comes to
mind ( wrongly, to be sure ). Quiz: What was the nickname for OLD DOMINION,
in the old days!

Reaction Score
The Braves.

I'm impresssed. Old Dominion was one of my favorite teams. Now ... how
good was IMMACULATA WBB? Answer: Very Good.

Reaction Score
Geno took a kind of offense when Uconn Huskies were compared to the Lady Vols as Lady Huskies, I still do. Thanks for this.

Reaction Score
I'm impresssed. Old Dominion was one of my favorite teams. Now ... how
good was IMMACULATA WBB? Answer: Very Good.
ODU, was it Coach Wendy? I remember, vaguely, some good game against them. They, as last I saw were CAA and lost some steam.\
Weren't Immaculata one of the Premiere Women's programs, and were tucked away near Paoli, Pa?

Reaction Score
ODU, was it Coach Wendy? I remember, vaguely, some good game against them. They, as last I saw were CAA and lost some steam.\
Weren't Immaculata one of the Premiere Women's programs, and were tucked away near Paoli, Pa?
Immaculata's " Mighty MACS" were the Association of Intercollegiate Athletics for
Women National Champions for the years 1972, 1973, and 1974. Their HOF head
coach was Cathy Rush. This was all before TITLE IX. They had their 50 anniversary of
their winning the NC on Februray 9, 2022. The All American on the team was Theresa
Shank. (three times). see www.Immaculata.edu/about/ history/ champion. Also some good stuff
at hoophall.com in the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame section. Old Dominion was
another powerhouse. Good stuff. memories are made of these wonderful teams before big
time WBB.

Reaction Score
Revenge? There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that the Texas women’s basketball team sharpens their elbows before playing teams from Connecticut with players named Lou. If you don’t believe me, just ask Katie Lou.......er..... never mind.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am curious to see how Saylor does at Arkansas this year. I hope, for all former UConn players, they all have a solid season and make huge contributions to their perspective teams.
I think Saylor will be one of the top 3-4 players for Arkansas and will average double-figure points. For multiple reasons, she and UConn weren’t good fits for each other.

Reaction Score
I'm just guessing, but I think Saylor was a bit intimidated at UConn. She arrived early and young, suffered a couple injuries early on, and she just seemed overwhelmed whenever she was on the court. The pandemic just got in the way of her flourishing, too. The circumstances are different now. She's a little older and her talents may help her rise to the top at Arkansas and regain her confidence. I'm rooting for her.

Reaction Score
I think Saylor will be one of the top 3-4 players for Arkansas and will average double-figure points. For multiple reasons, she and UConn weren’t good fits for each other.
I hope so. Watching Saylor play (YouTube games) she has potential.

Reaction Score
I'm just guessing, but I think Saylor was a bit intimidated at UConn. She arrived early and young, suffered a couple injuries early on, and she just seemed overwhelmed whenever she was on the court. The pandemic just got in the way of her flourishing, too. The circumstances are different now. She's a little older and her talents may help her rise to the top at Arkansas and regain her confidence. I'm rooting for her.
Good take. I could see where she would have been intimidated while at UConn. A lot coming at you and if you don't have that confidence and belief in yourself and game, things can overwhelm you at times. Nothing wrong with that. It happens. I am rooting for her as well.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I hope so. Watching Saylor play (YouTube games) she has potential.
Saylor’s gonna be really good.

It looks like Arkansas will have plenty of televised games. I’ll be watching some of them just to see her. I wish she’d chosen a team with a bit more structured play.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A peak at Mir . Happy so say she is doing well with consistent contributions. Never did understand why she could not get a foothold in CT with her motor

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That is interesting about Saylor's minutes. I imagine she's doing exactly what they expect from her on the boards. I haven't had a chance to watch one of their games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom