Photo - Nika's One & Love Tattoos | The Boneyard

Photo - Nika's One & Love Tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun

Reaction Score
I thought that I had seen one of them when watching the game but I wasn't sure until I saw this photo posted.

326055594_563535945407358_530917199627320095_n.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some are covered...Lou has a cool looking one on her forearm that is covered with white tape during games.
I see the tape, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the tattoo.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I thought tattoos had to be covered up???
Some of Nika's are covered, but from what I understand is that CD has loosened her tat's rule. It might be because almost every one of the young ladies has a tat or two.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I see the tape, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the tattoo.
There was a picture/video of her during a practice where there was no tape. I may have seen it on YouTube or Facebook, not sure.

Reaction Score
If you watch practice videos you can see all the tattoos in their glory because they usually don't make any effort to conceal them in practice.

Reaction Score
In various interviews Nika was asked about her tattoos, The latest was 'loyalty' on her neck. She got it over the summer of 2022 and spoke to CD about it before getting it. Here's a quote from her about why she got it (from an article by Maggie Vanoni dated 8/4/22) “That’s something that I cherish the most in people, whether it’s family, friends, whatever, any relationship, I just cherish it the most,” she said of the word now inscribed on her neck. “I feel like loyalty is even bigger than love for me.”. She added it is something she had wanted for sometime and that if it wasn't very meaningful to her she would never have had it tattooed on her neck! In the same article it said this is her 16th tattoo.

She has said 'One Love' refers to basketball. She also has several tattoos on her wrist areas (that often are covered up) that are in honor of various family members. It seems most if not all her tattoos are fairly discreet, in script and have personal significance. If I recall correctly in one article she spoke about each except one or two and when asked about those she said that they were basically none their business and in places they would never see.

Saniya's tattoo was her brothers birthdate I believe, on the inside of her wrist. Her brother committed suicide and she was extremely close to him growing up. She said that she had it where it was so she could see it all the time and keep his memory close. I believe, although I could be mistaken, Geno and CD allowed her to have it uncovered ( because of the extremely personal significance of it to her) although I believe she often covered it with tape for games.

I doubt either CD or Geno are fans of any tattoos that are ostentatious or garish and may require those to be covered but perhaps those that are personal in nature and discrete are acceptable to them, only my opinion, not based on anything other than that.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Shouldn't the tat say "Jedan Ljubav?"

I’m glad you looked up the translation. I was wondering why these tattoos are in English and not Croatian and idly wondering if it says anything about her post-UConn plans.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We are done discussing players’ hair, clothes, tattoos or anything else regarding their appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom