Photo: KML with her family and friends | The Boneyard

Photo: KML with her family and friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seeing Kaleena with her family (who rarely get to see her play) illustrates one more reason I love and respect the hell out of that girl. Even before last year's struggle overcoming elbow injury and mono, this kid had the courage (and foresight) to move 3,000 miles from friends and family in comfy California to the tundra of Storrs, to commit 4 years of her life far from home, giving her best to play with the best and to learn from the best (and remembering to bring a good winter coat.) :) Leaving family to pursue a dream is bold and it is risky. For K and for all UConn fans, it could not have turned out better. You are already on my wall of fame Thank you, 23

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
People in the game thread were wondering about the UC Davis game being scheduled and the reason was to provide a 'homecoming game' for Kaleena her senior year. Kudos to UC Davis for stepping up! And unlike some homecoming games, the homing coming queen performed at the top of her game!!!

Reaction Score
I hope that comment was not geared towards me Buzzy. Can anyone identify which woman and which man are Kaleena's parents from that photo? It seems no matter what game Mr. and Mrs. Stewart end up with air time. The camera showing them off... KML is just as important to this program as Breanna... but I do not recall her parents ever receiving the limelight....

Reaction Score
I hope that comment was not geared towards me Buzzy. Can anyone identify which woman and which man are Kaleena's parents from that photo? It seems no matter what game Mr. and Mrs. Stewart end up with air time. The camera showing them off... KML is just as important to this program as Breanna... but I do not recall her parents ever receiving the limelight....
Mostly because Kaleena's parents live on the west coast while Breanna's can easily drive to games in Hartford or Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
I have a vague memory of what KML's parents look like and I don't believe they are in that picture, but don't quote me.

Reaction Score
I think Kaleena's mom is sitting with her little brother by her side. Her step dad is standing on the front, far left, next to her mom.

Reaction Score
I think Kaleena's mom is sitting with her little brother by her side. Her step dad is standing on the front, far left, next to her mom.

You might be right

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
You might be right

There are some interesting facts about Kaleena's family. Let me fast forward to her very special relationship with her stepfather. She herself has written with affection and appreciation how he challenged her to work so very hard to become the quality player and person she is.

I wish one of our "linkers" could dig up this narrative and call it up for all to see. It's a heartwarming tale of a very special relationship.

Reaction Score
There are some interesting facts about Kaleena's family. Let me fast forward to her very special relationship with her stepfather. She herself has written with affection and appreciation how he challenged her to work so very hard to become the quality player and person she is.

I wish one of our "linkers" could dig up this narrative and call it up for all to see. It's a heartwarming tale of a very special relationship.

http://articles.courant.com/2011-12...a-mosqueda-lewis-heather-buck-pediatric-nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom