Phoenix vs Minny | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Phoenix vs Minny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno taught her that. She used to be high energy, but run around aimlessly, in his view. He harped on her to do it more purposefully.

As Coach tweeted recently, he's proud of her success as a young player. She's on the verge of becoming the world's best player or very close to that. She makes a lot of us proud.

You're suggesting that Coach Reeve has had nothing to do with Maya's present development? Or her Chinese coaches? Or her professional teammates? Coach Auriemma gets all the credit?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You're suggesting that Coach Reeve has had nothing to do with Maya's present development? Or her Chinese coaches? Or her professional teammates? Coach Auriemma gets all the credit?
That isn't what he said at all.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Now that there's a 3 second rule Griner has to move around or she'll get called. She didn't have that in college she could just camp in the paint and wait for a pass. Even if she does get position there the guards have to get it to her(if they decide to pass) when she's open and is in a legal position.

There is no three second rule in college? Did I miss something?

Reaction Score
There is no three second rule in college? Did I miss something?
I don't think there is. I'm sure they'll add it at some point in the future, though. They just added it to the WNBA this year. This year they're adding the 10 second backcourt rule.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Now that there's a 3 second rule Griner has to move around or she'll get called. She didn't have that in college she could just camp in the paint and wait for a pass. Even if she does get position there the guards have to get it to her(if they decide to pass) when she's open and is in a legal position.
She had a 3 second rule in college too. What the W has that college doesn't is a defensive 3 second rule. Which remains obscure to my comprehension. But offensive 3 second BG had. It is not consistently called, however.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't think there is. I'm sure they'll add it at some point in the future, though. They just added it to the WNBA this year. This year they're adding the 10 second backcourt rule.
There has always been a three second rule in college and high school. Whether officials apply it efficiently and fairly is open to question. Both Stef and Tina Charles have had 3 seconds called on them during their careers at UCONN.

Reaction Score
She had a 3 second rule in college too. What the W has that college doesn't is a defensive 3 second rule. Which remains obscure to my comprehension. But offensive 3 second BG had. It is not consistently called, however.
That's strange that there's not one for offense, but one for defense. Don't they mean the same thing?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, in the WNBA there is a 3 second rule for both offense and defense, in high school and college it is only for offense. The goal in the WNBA was to open up the lanes for more attacks off the bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom