Phoenix Survives the War | The Boneyard

Phoenix Survives the War

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Diana did not do herself proud on the "big stage". She let her emotions get the best of her but the Mercury move on. Extremely physical game.

Reaction Score
This was one wild game...the refs didn't do a good job controling it...

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Considering our record against Seattle the past several years, this was an incredible series win.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
War is the right word. With Dupree and Bonner, Phoenix has a very good frontcourt. And a couple of fine wings in Dee and Penny.

Be ready, Minnesota!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think Becky & the SilverStar would disagree with your last sentence Speedoo

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i think Phoneix matches up well with Minny. neither has a really elite center. Taj is shorter at 6'2", and Phoenix gave up Braxton so now they have Bonner and Dupree. at 6'4", Bonner is a string bean, and Dupree is also 6'2".

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think Becky & the SilverStar would disagree with your last sentence Speedoo
i agree. Minny has shown no real interest in winning or matching the intensity of SASS. Game one was barely a win (yes i know a W is a W), but game 2 they were never really close.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Remember when I tossed around Penny Taylor's name for MVP? She is the most underrated star player in the WNBA.

In terms of efficiency, she was 3rd in the WNBA (Parker did not play in enough games), behind only Sylvia Fowles and Tina Charles. She averaged 16.7 points, 4.9 rebounds, 4.7 assists, and 1.7 steals. She was in the top ten in the WNBA in points, assists, and steals. She almost became the first player in the history of the WNBA to average 15-5-5 (which is pretty impressive, considering she is not the point guard or even the facilitator of the Mercury's offense). She also shot 51 percent from the floor, 40 percent from three, and 87 percent from the line, again coming dangerously close to rarified air (50-40-90).

Normally, there are male player comparisons for WNBA players (though they are inexact). Honestly, it is tough to find one for Penny. She has a little bit of Grant Hill's versatility, coupled with Dentlef Schrempf.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Remember when I tossed around Penny Taylor's name for MVP? She is the most underrated star player in the WNBA.

In terms of efficiency, she was 3rd in the WNBA (Parker did not play in enough games), behind only Sylvia Fowles and Tina Charles. She averaged 16.7 points, 4.9 rebounds, 4.7 assists, and 1.7 steals. She was in the top ten in the WNBA in points, assists, and steals. She almost became the first player in the history of the WNBA to average 15-5-5 (which is pretty impressive, considering she is not the point guard or even the facilitator of the Mercury's offense). She also shot 51 percent from the floor, 40 percent from three, and 87 percent from the line, again coming dangerously close to rarified air (50-40-90).

Normally, there are male player comparisons for WNBA players (though they are inexact). Honestly, it is tough to find one for Penny. She has a little bit of Grant Hill's versatility, coupled with Dentlef Schrempf.
Yes, I have been very impressed with her ability to get to the rim and score. Plus she is very tough mixing it up inside. On that last play last night, she got to the rim, got the ball on the rim, kept it alive, and allowed Dupree to grab it and hit the game winner.

She's a "foxhole" player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul