Phoenix Mercury vs Minnesota Lynx - 9/17/20 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Phoenix Mercury vs Minnesota Lynx - 9/17/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Minnesota up 1, 14.5 seconds left. Phoenix ball.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Skylar threw a bad pass. She was absolutely TERRIBLE in this game. DT never touched it that possession.

edit--3-14 shooting, box score only shows 2 TOs but she had to have more than that

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
SDS has been less than impressive tonight. DT and BT are carrying the entire team tonight, and it doesn't look to be enough.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Sims has had a strong 2nd half as well.

Diggins-Smith can't get a whistle on the drive to save her life. What did she do to piss the refs off?
I was just thinking they never call a foul on her extended arm.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't DT take that herself? You really didn't want SDS taking the last shot. 80-79 final. Dontas missed pair of FTs to leave the door open.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
22 for Dantas, 17 for Dangerfield, 14 for Sims, 11 for Banham. Collier never really got going on offense, but played some good D.

DT finished w/ 28, 13 for Turner, 10 for Vaughn.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
DT heads straight to the locker room, pretty peeved. She honestly could've been tossed with how much she was complaining to the refs. Surprised Phoenix never tried to get a look for her down the stretch. She was great today as a scorer and passer. Diggins picked a bad game to be a no show. Turner/Vaughn were solid but they really needed more from SDS.

Dangerfield was the star for Minnesota in the 2nd half. Absolutely stellar after the break. Once they got Fowles out of the lineup, Minnesota outplayed Phoenix. Collier quiet scoring night but was steady in all other areas. Another excellent playoff game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
22 for Dantas, 17 for Dangerfield, 14 for Sims, 11 for Banham. Collier never really got going on offense, but played some good D.

DT finished w/ 28, 13 for Turner, 10 for Vaughn.

Turner played absolutely incredible D on Collier. I've always known Turner is a good defender, but my respect for her just went up a couple of notches.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Diggins is 3-15 speechless.

She is way to emotional. When things go bad, she really can spiral down. As Crystal says, dont get to low or too high. Crystal in contrast is so tough minded. After her first half, most players would have disappeared and want to hide. So proud of her.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Glad for Crystal & Phees. Agree that it was Strange that Diggins took the last shot. She couldn't throw the ball in the ocean the whole game. DT would have been better driving. There was time.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
DT needs to concentrate on playing and not trying to officiate. The refs don't try to play and she should not try to officiate. She acts as if she is privileged and complains on too many calls ala AW. However, the refs started getting calls after he r rant. Collier went straight up on the foul called against her on DT's three point shot. Just play. The call will not be changed.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
DT needs to concentrate on playing and not trying to officiate. The refs don't try to play and she should not try to officiate. She acts as if she is privileged and complains on too many calls ala AW. However, the refs started getting calls after he r rant. Collier went straight up on the foul called against her on DT's three point shot. Just play. The call will not be changed.

Agree about DT but that was pretty clearly a foul. You have to give the shooter space to land and Collier didn't.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Turner played absolutely incredible D on Collier. I've always known Turner is a good defender, but my respect for her just went up a couple of notches.
I think she is going to be really good before her career is over. I f her offense blossoms, she can be an ALL WNBA player, imo. She has been steady for quite a while.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Agree about DT but that was pretty clearly a foul. You have to give the shooter space to land and Collier didn't.
I thought Collier was there when DT left her feet, so she has to come straight down. Maybe I saw it differently.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Brianna Turner has become a really good player. Her offense, though, is still raw. Once she gets that, she could be on a level with Tamika Catchings. I was impressed by her dribbling on a couple of fast breaks, despite the charge on the second.

On the very last play, Diana was open from 30', a couple fo steps behind Skylar. That likely would have been the better shot.

Last edited:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Well she's 38 years old and been playing like this her entire career so I don't think she's likely to take your advice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom