Phoenix Mercury @ Seattle Storm - 8/26/18 | The Boneyard

Phoenix Mercury @ Seattle Storm - 8/26/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Loyd always seems to have stellar games against the Mercury. I hope she can continue that trend. Go Storm

Reaction Score
I’m guessing most want Seattle to win. I just can’t route against D (unless it’s against Maya)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I’m guessing most want Seattle to win. I just can’t route against D (unless it’s against Maya)

I am happy with either team winning. Just want good close games and all UConn players to shine.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Mitchell and Bonner are really good (and probably under-rated) for The Merc. Clark for Seattle is in somewhat the same strata.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So conflicted, what to do? What to do? This is going to be a great series. I'd like to see Sue get another title, so ultimately I go for Seattle. Fact that Stewie is there helps a bit too. I think Bonner is just too cool and D, what to say. Griner is still too up and down, but we'll see.

We have DT, you don't. Oh, yeah, well we have Stewie and you don't. This is going to be a whole lot of fun.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
DT is going nuclear just before half. T given ( I think for Taurasi) to be shot at start of 3Q. I guess in the playoffs. there is no way they would give her a 2nd T but I would try to get her calmed down at half. I know she plays on a razor's edge but she had got to reign it in.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Diana should change her name to Aurasi--no T. ;)

Shooting:

Seattle 50/53/100

Phoenix 54/50/80

Sharpshooters galore!

Reaction Score
DT is going nuclear just before half. T given ( I think for Taurasi) to be shot at start of 3Q. I guess in the playoffs. there is no way they would give her a 2nd T but I would try to get her calmed down at half. I know she plays on a razor's edge but she had got to reign it in.
The plays she has been asking for fouls on have not been clear fouls. Sure maybe a one or two could have been. But she has been complaining for a lot of them. Which is okay, every player does it and they will always. She is just getting too ramped up over it. When the camera focuses on her you can tell she is cussing out the refs after a foul call on her. The no-calls have not been so profound enough for her to get like that IMO. She does need to reign it in. Lobo said that the buzzer sounded and that the refs need to step away. Well Diana can do that too.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The plays she has been asking for fouls on have not been clear fouls. Sure maybe a one or two could have been. But she has been complaining for a lot of them. Which is okay, every player does it and they will always. She is just getting too ramped up over it. When the camera focuses on her you can tell she is cussing out the refs after a foul call on her. The no-calls have not been so profound enough for her to get like that IMO. She does need to reign it in. Lobo said that the buzzer sounded and that the refs need to step away. Well Diana can do that too.

Looking at the male referee's face, he is beat red. I really think he would toss her. Calm down Diana. Pleasssse.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well. That was quick. 10-2 run opens up a 13 pt lead. Alysha Clark with one of the prettiest strips you will see. Not too long ago, people wanted to run her out the town. :)

Reaction Score
Pretty much unfolding the way I thought it would. The Mercury have their big three, but the Storm have their big four including Howard, who has been sensational. Plus the rest of the Storm bench is better. Add the fact that the Mercury defense is suspect to say the least, and the Mercury could easily be dismissed in three straight again this year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The MVP is showing out. 26 points in the middle of the 3rd.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Dee already has 2 championships. Many would like to see Stewart and KML get their first, and Sue get #3. What a way for Stewart to top off her first MVP season. :cool:

Reaction Score
For DT being the greatest player of all time, she sure doesn't act like it sometimes. I understand getting frustrated, but crying over no foul calls is really tiring.

Reaction Score
Mercury don't have enough of a team to beat the Storm. No bench, not enough scoring beyond DT, Bonner, and Griner. Griner has underwhelmed this season. She needs to go up against double teams like Fowles does. Griner could be unstoppable if she wanted to be.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Don't look now but DT just turned it up several notches. Apparently, her new strategy is to increase level of difficulty by being down and having to come back from a double digit deficit. Just down 2 now. Unbelievable.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow. That about wore me out! Could wish for better camera work. At times the play by play was essential.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two close and high-scoring games today. Seattle is very tough at home.

Reaction Score
Fun watching UConn’s top alumni shining through. Nifty passes by both Sue and Diana. Stewie sticking the 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom