Phoenix Mercury @ Dallas Wings - 7/10/18 | The Boneyard

Phoenix Mercury @ Dallas Wings - 7/10/18

Reaction Score
DT out sick after playing only 4 minutes. Wings are blowing the Mercury away, and the refs are making it worse, calling Griner for every Cambage flop, etc, etc. (Cambage even sitting on the floor laughing after one flop where Griner didn't even touch her. At least she didn't pretend her leg was broken like the men's soccer players but, other than that, almost as bad...). Game results aren't the refs' fault - that part is just a bit demoralizing to the Merc, who had already given up in Q3.

Reaction Score
DT out sick after playing only 4 minutes. Wings are blowing the Mercury away, and the refs are making it worse, calling Griner for every Cambage flop, etc, etc. (Cambage even sitting on the floor laughing after one flop where Griner didn't even touch her. At least she didn't pretend her leg was broken like the men's soccer players but, other than that, almost as bad...). Game results aren't the refs' fault - that part is just a bit demoralizing to the Merc, who had already given up in Q3.
I watched some highlights from a recent Wings/Fever game. Cambage was grunting and complaining from minimum contact on every basket they showed. I haven't seen a live game yet, so I don't want to be too critical. But just from watching several highlight clips, she thinks everything is a foul.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Nobody should be able to move Cambage off the block, she's big. Griner is wiry but not bulky. I wish refs had a better understanding of physics.

Just when I thought Seattle and Phoenix had established themselves as the best 2 teams in the league, the Storm dropped a home game in OT and the Merc got their butts kicked. I'm gonna make a prediction.....I won't know who the best team in the league is until after the Finals. ;)

Reaction Score
How do the Mercury win with Mitchell, Turner, Robinson and Talbot?? I guess three great starters. January and Little aren’t good either. This team is winning with three very good players only. They should try playing Gulich and Griner together. Develop Gulich ASAP. They will need her.
The season is wide open for anyone to win it all.

Last edited:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Look how the Mercury get throttled without Diana. To me she is the MVP. Any of the other top teams can function without their best players but not Phoenix. She may not be the best all around player anymore but to me she is the most valuable to her team.

Reaction Score

Man I hope she’s better Friday. She’s the reason my daughter picked that game

Reaction Score
Look how the Mercury get throttled without Diana. To me she is the MVP. Any of the other top teams can function without their best players but not Phoenix. She may not be the best all around player anymore but to me she is the most valuable to her team.

Maya has only missed one game in her career, and that was a day of rest forced onto her by the coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And Maya played in all 154 games in her UConn career. I have trouble thinking of a player who didn't miss a game. I know these players missed at least one:

Sue
Sveta
Shea
Diana
Stewie
Moriah
Morgan
Lou
Crystal

Reaction Score
How do the Mercury win with Mitchell, Turner, Robinson and Talbot?? I guess three great starters. January and Little aren’t good either. This team is winning with three very good players only. They should try playing Gulich and Griner together. Develop Gulich ASAP. They will need her.
The season is wide open for anyone to win it all.

January and Lyttle are (were) perfect fits though. Both defensive stalwarts. January is a good facilitator and shooting an exceptionally high percentage from three.

Lyttle was great defense and rebounding. They will miss her a lot. I’m hoping the coach starts a smaller lineup. That worked a lot bette for them.

Reaction Score
Nice distraction by Azura. ;)

Good question: if a player goes into the lane and then gets out before the shot, what's the rule?

PHX should have had a third rebounder at the lane to block out the shooter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom