Phoenix Mercury @ Dallas Wings - 6/12/18 | The Boneyard

Phoenix Mercury @ Dallas Wings - 6/12/18

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice that Azura' still loves to shoot threes?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She's shooting about 35%, her average at Duke. I guess the Gampel rims are smaller. ;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Near the end of the game Diggins fouled Taurasi and then behaved like Taurasi. She directed several F-Us at the official and was T'd up.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

She was making them early in the season so no surprise. The real issue with Azure to me is that she does not hold on to the ball well enough on rebounds / post play in general which is affecting her desire to mix it up. She needs to strengthen her hands and get a lot more aggressive

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She was making them early in the season so no surprise. The real issue with Azure to me is that she does not hold on to the ball well enough on rebounds / post play in general which is affecting her desire to mix it up. She needs to strengthen her hands and get a lot more aggressive

I don’t see Stevens becoming a standout unless she adds some muscle and becomes a more physical player. Yes she can make 3s, but she isn’t a great 3pt shooter and at 6-6 with good length and touch inside she should be primarily on the block or within 10-15 feet of the basket. The only players in the league with similar size, length and perimeter scoring ability are Stewart, Parker, EDD, and Jonquel Jones. Gives you an idea of her massive upside. She’ll be wasting her potential if she continues to hang out on the perimeter and jacking up 3s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom