Phil Steele...lol | The Boneyard

Phil Steele...lol

Reaction Score
So the last line of his 2022 forecast for the Huskies:
"This will be an improved team but Mora is not a miracle worker & they do not make my Most improved list."

Lol

He wrote that in July. This board, for the most, would have agreed back then. Many of us were on the wait and see bus. July/August was when I placed my over bet on wins, but I was hoping for 3/4 based on the schedule.

Reaction Score
With the football rags, I always like to do an end of season retrospective to see how accurate the forecasters are. Steele dealt in a generality, but never printedan actual win-loss record. As for Coach not being a miracle worker, last Saturday's post game celebration is testimony to his abilities.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
5 wins was a pretty aggressive prediction even on the BY. That we're thinking 7 or 8 may not be a miracle, but it is remarkable.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
We may have had a couple of UConnAl type outliers...

Reaction Score
UConn had a lot of room to improve and really did.....The Huskies will improve the win count by 5 to 6. That is significant and probably not predicted by Steele. Maybe one of the biggest win count jumps in FBS.

Maybe some teams got notice as possibles...but didn't start out with a 1-11 baseline.

And some picks were busts...like Miami

Some were good turn around picks.....USC has gone from a losing 4-7 season to #7 in the CFP poll and LSU from a losing season to #8 in CFP.

Reaction Score
UConn had a lot of room to improve and really did.....The Huskies will improve the win count by 5 to 6. That is significant and probably not predicted by Steele. Maybe one of the biggest win count jumps in FBS.

Maybe some teams got notice as possibles...but didn't start out with a 1-11 baseline.

Some were good turn around picks.....USC has gone from a losing 4-7 season to #7 in the CFP poll and LSU from a losing season to #8 in CFP.

Didnt UCF go winless under O'leary's last season and then to a bowl the following year with Frost?

Reaction Score
Didnt UCF go winless under O'leary's last season and then to a bowl the following year with Frost?

A 6 win improvement....and and additional 7 win improvement the year after....but earlier, UCF had an 8 win improvement from 2004 to 2005....zero wins to 8.

Reaction Score
So the last line of his 2022 forecast for the Huskies:
"This will be an improved team but Mora is not a miracle worker & they do not make my Most improved list."

Lol

Phil Steele will also be man enough to eat his words.

He also went on Aaron Torres and was much more optimistic than his write up.

Reaction Score

Thanks for breaking it down. None of us already knew this.

Reaction Score
With the football rags, I always like to do an end of season retrospective to see how accurate the forecasters are. Steele dealt in a generality, but never printedan actual win-loss record. As for Coach not being a miracle worker, last Saturday's post game celebration is testimony to his abilities.
Miracle worker would not be an overstatement in my book. There is no way anybody with a sound mind could possibly believe we would be where we are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom