Phil Nolan playing well in Denmark | The Boneyard

Phil Nolan playing well in Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Must be his twin, if not he's showing UConn Championship blood.

Reaction Score
What kind of league and what kind of money could he be making?

Think it's smarter to just get into coaching.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Denmark really isn't that great from a competition standpoint. Northern Europe/Scandinavia really lags behind the Mediterranean/Eastern Europe. However, Phil is playing basketball for a living and getting paid, so I am happy for him wherever he is.

Reaction Score
Do you always have to think you know better then those living their lives. My gosh sometimes you just need to keep your thoughts to yourself
Seriously, play basketball for a living, experience a different culture AND they pay you. No brainer

Reaction Score
Haha, you mean all the threads ripping Phil over the years?

It's a waste of time, go play in men's league and work on your next 30 years.

Phuket was at least top 100, I can only imagine what we'll see from Carlton or Diarra.

Do you always have to think you know better then those living their lives. My gosh sometimes you just need to keep your thoughts to yourself

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Haha, you mean all the threads ripping Phil over the years?

It's a waste of time, go play in men's league and work on your next 30 years.

Phuket was at least top 100, I can only imagine what we'll see from Carlton or Diarra.

You really don't know anything.

Reaction Score
The salaries are like $35k and the gyms range from 600-3,000. Basically high school.

I don't care, he can do what he wants. I honestly think these kids are stupid or don't listen to anyone, same reason BS "had" to play QB, even after NC State said, ugh, you have zero skills to play that position.

You really don't know anything.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
The salaries are like $35k and the gyms range from 600-3,000. Basically high school.

I don't care, he can do what he wants. I honestly think these kids are stupid or don't listen to anyone, same reason BS "had" to play QB, even after NC State said, ugh, you have zero skills to play that position.

Nobody cares about your uniformed opinions. Leave these discussions to the big kids.

Reaction Score
Why even bother letting this dude still exist, what does he contribute? I regret clicking on "show ignored content", what a clown.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

He's in his early 20s, 6'10" and getting paid to play the game he loves in a cool country. . I think you're a bot.

You do realize what entry level coaches get paid, right?

Reaction Score
Denmark is the country with the tallest people in the world. Hilton is a guard over there.

Reaction Score
Entry level coaches turn into highly paid assistants, head coaches and front office people.

Again, his choice. I think a dumb one, but his choice.

He's in his early 20s, 6'10" and getting paid to play the game he loves in a cool country. . I think you're a bot.

You do realize what entry level coaches get paid, right?

Reaction Score
Putting you on ignore now. Lowers my IQ everytime I read your prattle.

Why even bother letting this dude still exist, what does he contribute? I regret clicking on "show ignored content", what a clown.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Entry level coaches turn into highly paid assistants, head coaches and front office people.

Again, his choice. I think a dumb one, but his choice.

How many assistant basketball coaches in the US make six figures, do you think? You go into that for the same reason you play: for love of the game.

Reaction Score
How many assistant basketball coaches in the US make six figures, do you think? You go into that for the same reason you play: for love of the game.
The underlying assumption that a guy wants to and can be a head coach requires knowing someone's desires, goals, aptitudes AND making a guess supersedes what the person IS ACTUALLY doing. Ignore isn't strong enough.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Even if coaching is in the cards for Phil, any experience he gets as a player will make him all the more prepared.

Reaction Score
What kind of league and what kind of money could he be making?

Think it's smarter to just get into coaching.

This is such a dumb duck___ argument. Coaching will exist for Phil for the next 50 years - if that's even what he wants to do, he's a bright kid with charisma, he could do anything. But he's got maybe 10 to play for a living and see the world.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is such a dumb duck___ argument. Coaching will exist for Phil for the next 50 years. He's got maybe 10 to play for a living and see the world.
Nevermind that, hey, maybe he does pretty well in Denmark and that leads to a more lucrative spot in another country and so on and so forth. Or maybe he just bangs hot, blond Danish women for the next few years. But no, he should totally give it up and get a job coaching DIII in South Dakota for 28k.

Reaction Score
Give a guy like Wojo credit, I'm sure he could have made $25k/year playing in front of 800 in the elite Denmark pro league.

He jumped right into coaching and now makes $2M+.

Gerry McNamara is doing a similar thing @ 'Cuse.

Nevermind that, hey, maybe he does pretty well in Denmark and that leads to a more lucrative spot in another country and so on and so forth. Or maybe he just bangs hot, blond Danish women for the next few years. But no, he should totally give it up and get a job coaching DIII in South Dakota for 28k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom