Phil Knight Invitational - Tix | The Boneyard

Phil Knight Invitational - Tix

Reaction Score
I was looking at ticket packages for the PKI today, at Rosequarter.com. It's a bit confusing, but now I believe the ticket packages currently on sale are for the games occuring at the Moda Center. That would guarantee me the UConn men's first game, and then their final game if they won their first two. The same package would most likely also give me a chance to see the women play in their final. I think you need to buy separate ticket packages for the other arenas, to see the men's second game regardless of results, and maybe their third too.

This is not optimal for me. Did they do any "follow my team" type packages the last time they did this tournament? Or if you want UConn games, and only UConn games, are you left to fend for yourself on the secondary market, and each night?

As an aside, I wanted to ask our athletic department before I posted here, but they don't seem to have any accessible email for contact on their website. Does anyone have a best email for contacting the athletic department with questions like this?

Reaction Score
I was just looking at this the other day. There is a link on the site for more information when it becomes available. Enter your email and they will send you updates for Tix info. I saw that it also says single game Tix will go on sale in July.

Reaction Score
@triaddukefan

Received this email today:

2022 Phil Knight Legacy Women’s Tournament Ticket Deadline May 6​

Story Links​

DURHAM – The Duke women's basketball program is set for the 2022 Phil Knight Legacy on Thanksgiving week in Portland, Ore., and the initial ticket deadline is Friday, May 6.

Duke fans looking to purchase ticket packages to watch the Blue Devils in the Rose City should do so via Duke's Ticket Office. A limited number of courtside tickets are available behind the Duke bench priced at $250 for the two-day package. Additional tickets in the lower arena bowl in Duke's fan sections are $160 for the two-day package.

The four marquee women's basketball teams competing in the 2022 Phil Knight Legacy are Duke, Connecticut, Iowa and Oregon State. Each team will play one game on Friday, November 25 and Sunday, November 27. The matchups and times have yet to be announced.

Tickets purchased directly from Duke guarantee admission to both sessions in which the Blue Devils are playing, regardless of the venue. These tickets allow the ticket holder access to the same seat for both games of a given session.

Tickets go on sale to the general public following the May 6 deadline.

The Blue Devils finished the 2021-22 season with 17 wins, including a pair of Top 25 wins over then-No. 9 Iowa and No. 17 Notre Dame.

#GoDuke

Print Friendly Version

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Yeah throwing the women's teams into the mix in Portland this time really screwed up the scheduling compared to 2017 for the PK80. I bought the package on sale currently for Moda and you are correct that you'd get a UConn game guaranteed on day 1, but they would definitely not play there on day 2 because the other bracket is playing there. Since I'm also a Gonzaga fan, I'm fine knowing they'll play at Moda on day 2 for sure, but hopefully not the same time as UConn at what I assume would be the Veterans Coliseum. My biggest concern is if the men's teams end up playing at the Chiles Center at U Portland because that's a good few miles from the Moda/Veterans complex so not nearly as quick a trip as it is been the 2 neighboring buildings. I would think that would only happen for like the 7th place game of each tournament but logic doesn't always win out in scheduling these tournaments...

It was awesome in 2017 having a full pass for both venues because you could just bail on a game that sucked in one building and head over to the other building for the other one going on at the same time. It was pricey, but for me as a overall CBB fan, it was great.

The women's games were a single doubleheader in Eugene in 2017 on the off day for the men's tournament so it was perfect where the winner's bracket played in Moda on the final Sunday (first and third place games). Now it's only championship games so if your team doesn't make the champ game, who knows where they'll play at this point.

I think it's going to be a lot more of a secondary market tournament this time for tickets because of having 3 venues instead of 2, but besides UNC being absolutely loaded next year, I'm not sure any other team's fans can for sure expect to be in the champ game at this point. I'm hoping they give us folks who bought the current package some benefits for the other buildings but as TheRick mentioned above, seems like they're holding out to summer to say anything further about scheduling for the non-Moda games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom