Phew; final against Nova | The Boneyard

Phew; final against Nova

Reaction Score
A game against Seton Hall would’ve been disastrous for attempts to move up.
But a convincing win against Villanova would help a lot.

No this is not a ‘revenge’ game. Geno hates that terminology. It’s a conference championship game. Execution wins not revenge.

Reaction Score
Glad for revenge, but why would a win against a team not projected to make the playoffs help UConn's bracket position? Let's just get the W and be happy.
The biggest negative mark on UConns resume is the Villanova loss. If UConn can win convincingly, then a case can be made to ignore the loss as a depleted roster aberration.

Reaction Score
Geno may not like it, but I've been hoping for this rematch.............that it's happening in the Big East finals will only make the win sweeter..........this will be the best test for UConn yet and while a victory of any kind will be acceptable, I'm hoping for domination from beginning to end.........

Reaction Score
feel bad for Villanova as they basically have to win this game to make the tournament, don't even see a scenario if they lose by 15+ they get in.

Reaction Score
If we have to be worried about a fully loaded UConn team beating Villanova, then there is no reason to think they will beat any good P5 team. Villanova struggled with Seton Hall today.
What post in this thread suggested worry?

Reaction Score
My response was not about a post from this thread but one related to the topic of the thread.
No idea what that means.
Title of the thread refers to relief at Villanova winning instead of seton hall. A win over SH would do nothing for UConn’s seeding.

Reaction Score

No this is not a ‘revenge’ game. Geno hates that terminology. It’s a conference championship game. Execution wins not revenge.
Agreed. I thought the best case scenario would have been DePaul today and Creighton tomorrow based on NET rankings and quad wins. But Villanova does give an opportunity to force the committee to evaluate the injuries with concrete evidence.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Who guards Maddy Siegrist?
No one person. They will alternate and probably double at times. . Some Evina , some Edwards and other people.

Reaction Score
I LOVE watching Park-Lane play.
Female version Mugsy Bogues.
Great player!!
Nonstop, smart and fearless.
NIT bound- probably not, but would definitely tune in.
They have her listed at 5'6" :eek:... No way is she that tall

Reaction Score
They have her listed at 5'6" :eek:... No way is she that tall
Near the end of the 4th quarter, commentators discussed that it was “shared” by a “source” that she is 5’3”.
I don’t really care, she’s just a thrill to watch.

Reaction Score
5’6”...
5’3”...
5’2”...
Do I have a 4’11”???
All through ?
All done ??
5’2”

Reaction Score
We will beat Villanova…we do not need style points….UCONN is like Alabama football….the NCAA always gives them the benefit of the doubt and I believe strongly we will be at Bridgeport because UCONN is UCONN and the NCAA committee knows it.
I believe that Paige should start tonight and play minimum of 25 minutes.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Ok, Geno doesn’t have to call it that but the players and fans are absolutely calling THIS GAME payback. Heck, even the ‘Nova fans at my hotel were calling this game the “revenge” game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom