Pheesa: WNBA draft articles and mocks | The Boneyard

Pheesa: WNBA draft articles and mocks

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Phee Phi Pho Phum! To the WNBA here I come!

Articles about Napheesa’s WNBA potential, her strengths and weaknesses, draft position

Minnesota anyone? Napheesa Collier Could Find A Role Anywhere Napheesa Collier Could Find A Role Anywhere - Minnesota Lynx
“There’s little doubt that Collier will find a way to stick in the WNBA, the only question is in what role.”

Fansided: WNBA Mock Draft Big Board 5.0: Filling out rounds two and three
WNBA Mock Draft Big Board 5.0: Filling out rounds two and three
“… don’t ignore the aspect of Collier’s profile that might be most important on this veteran team — she is a consummate professional as a college player, earning non-stop affection from Geno Auriemma for the work ethic and consistency of her game. It’s going to be an easy translation to the WNBA for Napheesa Collier”

Mechelle Voepel espnW.com WNBA mock draft 2019: Predicting all three rounds
WNBA mock draft 2019: Predicting all three rounds
6. Minnesota: Napheesa Collier

Women's Basketball News and Thoughts: 2019 WNBA Mock Draft Version 2.0
2019 WNBA Mock Draft Version 2.0
4. Chicago Sky – Napheesa Collier

Reaction Score
Pheesa is the type of player that every and any team could and would want her.

Side note: I like the KLS write up regarding on people sleeping on her on Fanside.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting mocks at the top - seems everyone expects the Aces to become a four guard and Aja show. If the Aces really believe the first pick talent is clearly a guard I assume they are trading some guards for more draft picks or some players. Otherwise it makes no sense.

As for NC and LS - somewhere in the 3-8 range seems about right and where and which one is going to depend on the teams selecting.

Reaction Score
While I understand this is a contrarian view, but I feel Collier has hurt herself so far in playoffs. No one loves her more, and yes, she has carried UConn, but her outside shooting has been off, reinforcing the perception (misperception?) she has a poor outside game.

Reaction Score
While I understand this is a contrarian view, but I feel Collier has hurt herself so far in playoffs. No one loves her more, and yes, she has carried UConn, but her outside shooting has been off, reinforcing the perception (misperception?) she has a poor outside game.
She shot over 50% from 3 in the conference tournament & hit her career high in 3 pointers made in a game. Also, went 15-15 from FT’s. How did she hurt herself?

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She shot over 50% from 3 in the conference tournament & hit her career high in 3 pointers made in a game. Also, went 15-15 from FT’s. How did she hurt herself?
Thanks! I was wondering if Jim was watching the same game I saw. Phee was solid from everywhere. I thought her improved FT shooting was particularly clutch.

Reaction Score
Thanks! I was wondering if Jim was watching the same game I saw. Phee was solid from everywhere. I thought her improved FT shooting was particularly clutch.
That’s what I was most pleased about. If she can shoot 80% ft’s the rest of the way (which she has done her entire career) I feel a lot better about our chances. Every point matters! The 3’s are just icing on the cake.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
What was her FG% for shots not considered a layup?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I was sent this photo on my Facebook account. It speaks for itself. Appreciate, but please do not comment inappropriately...

E09F0A4A-050F-45D4-8124-1A032D3AA698.jpeg

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

Ask for bbbbballfan23 for the tourney stats for all shots not considered a layup. Bet they won't be coming anytime soon.

Reaction Score
What was her FG% for shots not considered a layup?
Interesting question... and I don’t know the answer. But I will say that her quickness/footwork enable her to get those “easy” shots. Plus, she rarely misses from inside 5-7 feet, while many other lesser players do (including Meg Walker).

Reaction Score
Ask for bbbbballfan23 for the tourney stats for all shots not considered a layup. Bet they won't be coming anytime soon.
No they won’t be because I don’t care to go back and add them all up. Not even sure how to access that info besides rewatching.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Interesting that they're all over the place. I actually agree that nobody can predict.

I'll note that she shot over 40% from 3 her sophomore year. If she had it, she can get it back.

I also like the comparison to Alyssa Thomas. They're both energizer bunnies.

Reaction Score
I was sent this photo on my Facebook account. It speaks for itself. Appreciate, but please do not comment inappropriately...

View attachment 40917

It’s very fitting the word on her wall says “relax”. That girl could stay calm in the midst of a bank robbery.

Reaction Score
I never said 3 pointers. Other than layups, her outside shot was off the last two games of the playoffs. Most of the 5-10 footers she normally nails 80% of the time missed. Seemed tired, understandable after carrying the team.

Reaction Score
i think she is the most comparable player to swin we've had. i would also say NC is way more along at this point in her career than swin was - it wasn't until cash's 2nd/3rd year in the W that she hit her stride as a 3.

swin probably never attempted at 3P FG at UConn but transformed herself into a 3 point shooter throughout her career in the W.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom