Pheesa needs to use rosin | The Boneyard

Pheesa needs to use rosin

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I just finished watching the first half of today's game. Pheesa had issues controlling the ball. Perhaps she needs to use some rosin. As an old baseball pitcher and bowler I found it quite useful. By the way someone mentioned sticky or tacky pads for shoes to increase friction and not slip on the court. Again use rosin for this as well. Pheesa was a fumble fingers in the first half. Perhaps Stevens could occasionally use some rosin as well.

Reaction Score
I believe Collier is still injured and just trying to fill a role as best as possible. Before, she was always flying all over the arena getting to balls no one else could dream of getting to. Her offensive arsenal was unmatched. Now, she is the last up the court. She doesn't even go after long rebounds. She has extreme difficulty with her shot. She has a painful look on her face. Collier must be hurt.

Reaction Score
She certainly does not seem herself, though still performing at an elite level and the high scorer (including a double double) in today's game. A lot of her shots today fell short. And it doesn't look like she's having a lot of fun out there (albeit that can be a subtle tell from Pheesa, to say the least). I do hope she's alright physically.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I believe Collier is still injured and just trying to fill a role as best as possible. Before, she was always flying all over the arena getting to balls no one else could dream of getting to. Her offensive arsenal was unmatched. Now, she is the last up the court. She doesn't even go after long rebounds. She has extreme difficulty with her shot. She has a painful look on her face. Collier must be hurt.
What injury is still hampering Pheesa or is this just your opinion?

Reaction Score
I believe there was the bad foot early in the year. Also, maybe the hip is hurting her for which she had surgery on before college. But I don't believe Collier would want to hear any of that. She is warrior like her grand daddy.

Reaction Score
Was wondering this as well. I know she injured her foot or leg or something when they were in Italy, but I mean that was nearly half a year ago at this point.

Reaction Score
Was wondering this as well. I know she injured her foot or leg or something when they were in Italy, but I mean that was nearly half a year ago at this point.
From the experience of my children, doctor's feedback was once you have a major sprain of your ankle, its always going to be stretched out. Some respond better than others but knowing how they practice and play, would not be surprised if this continues through year.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
A Major difference between last year and this year so far is that Collier was able to control bad passes which led to what seemed like easy scores for UConn.. If you listen to Geno at the beginning of the season, he somewhat warned last year she was regarded more as a role player who became consistent and therefore was not the main target of the opposing team's defense, where as this year coming in, she was arguably 1st priority.. Teams are being really physical with Collier and she's a deceivingly strong kid, this may be taking a little toll on her both physically and mentally. I'm not sure if she is injured or not, but it does appear at times as though she is laboring in transition and her efforts for position in the post seems to require more energy this year. Fatigue or injury can affect one's shot.. I'm not too worried though, Collier is a silent warrior, who will always give her best efforts when on the court.. Absolutely Love this Kid.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well Collier had a double double in the first half. Sooooo, if she's hurt and not having any fun out there and can't hold onto the ball and needs rosin and doesn't chase down rebounds, I hope she remains that way the rest of the season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well Collier had a double double in the first half. Sooooo, if she's hurt and not having any fun out there and can't hold onto the ball and needs rosin and doesn't chase down rebounds, I hope she remains that way the rest of the season.

People say the darndest things. Head bang

Reaction Score
Basketball players use chalk. I'm sure they have some by the scorer's table for the kids when they come into games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree that Pheesa's hands were problematic yesterday, and it wasn't limited to some marginal passes. It reminded me too much of the Mississippi State game. She should do what LeBron does.

Reaction Score
I agree that Pheesa's hands were problematic yesterday, and it wasn't limited to some marginal passes. It reminded me too much of the Mississippi State game. She should do what LeBron does.
What does LaBron do?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maybe some rosin will help her stop hitting the front of the rim on her shots. Not.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I couldn't believe the first of Napheesa's turnovers was charged to her. Crystal passed the ball to Pheesa at her ankles. When she was double-teamed. There's no way she can raise the ball to shoot it with four hands right there trying to prevent it. Another was a wide pass she barely got a hand on.

In a followup to Bajan Best's post and to add to mine, another difference from last year to this is that the entry passes were generally better last year. Gabby mastered lobbing the ball to Pheesa from the high post. Gabby's passing hasn't been as good this year.

Plus Azura has been sharing time in the high and low posts with Gabby and Pheesa. I think that's thrown both Gabby and Pheesa off just a little bit.

Reaction Score
I couldn't believe the first of Napheesa's turnovers was charged to her. Crystal passed the ball to Pheesa at her ankles. When she was double-teamed. There's no way she can raise the ball to shoot it with four hands right there trying to prevent it. Another was a wide pass she barely got a hand on.

In a followup to Bajan Best's post and to add to mine, another difference from last year to this is that the entry passes were generally better last year. Gabby mastered lobbing the ball to Pheesa from the high post. Gabby's passing hasn't been as good this year.

Plus Azura has been sharing time in the high and low posts with Gabby and Pheesa. I think that's thrown both Gabby and Pheesa off just a little bit.
Agreed, passes to post were much better last year. Then Mississippi State came along and everyone lost their heads. Passes suddenly were arrant. Defense disappeared. Collier lost her confidence because she realized her teammates didn't have it that day. Collier needs to maintain her confidence at all times. That will be important in the WNBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom