Pheesa is on a Mission! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pheesa is on a Mission!

Reaction Score
There is one day spaced between play, Thur - Sat, Fri - Sun the first week. Then I think it is Fri - Sun for the rest of the tournament.
Thanks, I needed the help, thanks. Point was: The team will have time to rest, before and between games. Still, I appreciate the needed help.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Another wonderful post by oldude. Thanks for sharing. I am full of anxiety and reservation about this NCAA tournament. Hopefully the team and Pheesa & Lou will be injury free and have the results they so richly deserved!!! This will be the most competitive and unpredictable tournament ever!!!!

Agreed!!! I've said in other posts that I expect upsets in EVERY ROUND of this tournament. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Pheesa was 9/14 & 9/15 respectively against USF & UCF, two teams that were swarming all over her in a futile effort to stop her. I’m not concerned about her getting fatigued.

She and her teammates will have 10-11 days to rest up, and the Huskies are the best conditioned team in WBB.

Also no more "back to back" games the rest of the way. After their 10-11 day rest, they should be completely recovered from the rigors of the conference tourny, and be ready to go.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Also no more "back to back" games the rest of the way. After their 10-11 day rest, they should be completely recovered from the rigors of the conference tourny, and be ready to go.
One other point to consider, after running extremely tough practices all season long, part of Geno's "secret sauce" to get his team ready for the Big Dance involves backing off the tough practices. In this manner, his players get back their legs and seem to find another gear when the tournament starts. He's done it for years and it almost always has a positive impact on the team's energy and execution

Carnac

Reaction Score
In the last two final four contests, UConn was favored to win. But two overtime buzzer beaters snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Most of us felt that going into that final round, UConn had the players that could pull it out. This team is not as talented as the two before it. Kia and Gabby were not replaced.

During the summer, how many of us really truly thought THIS team could win a championship? Most of us figured sweet 16 at best. We didn't know who the 2 new starters or the 6th man would be. With an inexperienced bench, we knew this season would be an uphill challenge all the way.

Yet here we are, despite two rare regular season losses, UConn is right where they want to be. The starting unit is running smoothly, ONO and Coombs are ready to come off the bench for spot duty when called upon. This team has as much chance to win the chip as any other team. #1 Baylor (31-1) is going to be tough. Baylor beats Iowa State with big fourth quarter to win Big 12. From start to finish, Baylor once again dominated the Big 12. Now the Lady Bears set their sights on Tampa and their first Final Four since 2012.

Losers of only one game this year, a 5 point road loss to Stanford, THEY are the team to beat. The road to the championship WILL go through them. I like UConn's chances. When they're playing in sync, and their shots are falling, they are very hard to beat. In their two losses, their shots were NOT falling. 29.4 % (Baylor) and 38 % (Louisville). Another factor in UConn's favor is they'll be on a neutral court. No home court advantage for their opponents. It will be a level playing field. Wouldn't it be something if somehow THIS improbable team was able to pull it off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Collier began missing easy jump shots short the past two games, a possible sign of fatigue.
I'm glad someone posted this. It's got to be hard for even SuperWoman to excel three games in a row.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
One other point to consider, after running extremely tough practices all season long, part of Geno's "secret sauce" to get his team ready for the Big Dance involves backing off the tough practices. In this manner, his players get back their legs and seem to find another gear when the tournament starts. He's done it for years and it almost always has a positive impact on the team's energy and execution
And according to DT and others, he beats you down for most of the season, but by March he builds you back up and makes you think you can beat anybody.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom