Pheesa dropped 27... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pheesa dropped 27...

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Remember however. Phee offensively sets up on the perimeter while Shepard typically in this offense plays further inside. Flying in from the outside to get rebounds isn't as easy as settling under the hoop.

My thoughts exactly. You can't expect a double-double from Collier most nights when she's on the floor with Fowles and Brunson/Shepard/Dantas.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I hope Geno et al take note of the "fix" of her 3 point shot. Might come in handy for someone else. It's very satisfying to see Phee come out smokin'. "Give it to me. Give it to me." I love it.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Another good quip: '(Danielle) Robinson laughed after the game when she was asked how she helped Collier, saying, “I don’t think she needed my help tonight.”'

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Quigley on Collier much of the night. I assumed it was mostly after screens, but reading these articles, it looks like it was deliberate. What were they thinking?

Tried to get some post game quotes from Coach Wade which might explain his thinking but if this link points to the only post game responses, don;t expect any meaningful answers

Post Game Notes and Quotes: Chicago at Minnesota

Chicago Sky Head Coach James Wade

On how he feels after getting his first head coaching game out of the way…

“Honestly, I don’t care. I just want to learn from it. I want us to do better next time. That’s my whole thing. I never made it about me. I think if I did, it would be the wrong move to make. Especially with me being so young as a coach and playing against all these great coaches. It has to be about our team.”

On goals for the season…

“No goals. Just want to get better tomorrow. And get better the next day and just try to build something. And we will see where we are.”

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I don't recall Napheesa doing much driving and penetrating at UConn, probably because she always set up in or near the paint on offense. Her first play in last night's game was to drive from the left corner and draw a foul. I think it was on Allie Quigley, but whoever it was clearly didn't expect any such move, and was beaten after the first step.

That's probably an example of a move that Napheesa always had, but didn't need to use at UConn since she was always playing inside.

On the other hand, her step back move was a staple of her UConn career, and could not have been missed by anyone who scouted her.
She used to drive quite a bit. She would get the ball near the free throw line extended and drive either with either hand. Also, I don't remember her using a step back outside shot at UConn. Another thing, she did something I had wished she had done more often in college. She gave a head fake when inside to allow the defensive players to go by and ended up with a wide open shot.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Shepard, Minnesota’s second-round pick, had team highs with 13 rebounds and six assists to become the third player in league history to record at least 10 rebounds and five assists in her WNBA debut. Los Angeles’ Candace Parker and current Lynx forward Damiris Dantas are the others.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Welcome to the WNBA Pheesa!! Pheesa was on fire!! She was lighting them up from inside, outside and the free throw line. How about that step back 3 point shot?

Reaction Score
Man what a game!! Pheesa looked great!! Making the must of a golden opportunity. Great game, young lady.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Thought folks might want to see this.

I first observed it on the UTenn site (of all places).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
25 seconds into the Phee highlites there is a pretty sweet block that had her team mates beaming.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Her basketball IQ is off the charts. I think her demeanor makes people overlook her. She's not flashy or demonstrative. She just plays and never takes a play off. Love this kid.
She's just a baller.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom