PGA Tour and LIV Agree to Merger | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PGA Tour and LIV Agree to Merger

Reaction Score
A now unbearable Phil Mickelson will be even more unbearable thinking he won the fight. Was a big fan of Phil until he disgracefully threw Tom Watson (captain) under the bus after a Ryder Cup loss. Phil can take a leap...hope he never wins again.

Reaction Score
Feel bad for the guys who stuck around.

Specifically because the PGA seemed to fake a lot of partnership with the guys that stayed to keep them from jumping. Then pulled this off behind their back with not even a heads up to the players. Morikawa tweet of “nice to wake up to news on Twitter”

PGA will PGA

Reaction Score
I know Tiger doesn't need the money, but didn't he turn down like half a billion dollars from LIV? lol

Reaction Score
In a lot of ways this makes no sense. The PGA Tour, LIV, and DP World tour are creating a 3rd tour ( replacing LIV) , controlled by the PGA Tour that will compete with the current PGA Tour. Current sponsors will have questions.
Because its a for-profit tour, players will be employees of this tour. So on one hand, they will be independent contractors on the current tour and employees on the new one.
Lots of questions.

Reaction Score
So sad, PGA looks so weak after this.

Anyways, I wonder who’s next in line to join Rangegoats GC…lamest name ever

Reaction Score
Sounds like it's the same as it was 2 years ago.
I mean if they combine elements of the rules between the two. And the purses should be something. I bet the top guys will be more likely to play a higher number of non major tournaments.

Reaction Score
I mean if they combine elements of the rules between the two. And the purses should be something. I bet the top guys will be more likely to play a higher number of non major tournaments.
I don't think this changes the elevated events concept. So we'll still have the top players teeing it up, this is just adding the top LIV guys to it as well. TBD on whether there's some other exhibition-type concept that will also be implemented.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
I don't think this changes the elevated events concept. So we'll still have the top players teeing it up, this is just adding the top LIV guys to it as well. TBD on whether there's some other exhibition-type concept that will also be implemented.
what happens to LIV now?
is it basically unchanged but now LIV players can play unlimited PGA Tour events
can Rahm now enter a LIV Tour event if he wants to play at VALDERRAMA?
or is LIV dead now?

Reaction Score
Jay Monahan is a friend and former classmate of mine. We’ve also done business with each other over the years post-grad school. I have great respect for him. But I’ll just leave this here… He doesn’t come off in a positive light with his complete 180 today. I could say more, but I’ll leave it at that.

Reaction Score
A now unbearable Phil Mickelson will be even more unbearable thinking he won the fight. Was a big fan of Phil until he disgracefully threw Tom Watson (captain) under the bus after a Ryder Cup loss. Phil can take a leap...hope he never wins again.

Watson’s captaincy at the 2014 Ryder Cup was a complete debacle — everyone on the us team was pissed at Watson. Should Phil have called him out publically - maybe , maybe not, but Phil spoke for every player on the team.

Reaction Score
what happens to LIV now?
is it basically unchanged but now LIV players can play unlimited PGA Tour events
can Rahm now enter a LIV Tour event if he wants to play at VALDERRAMA?
or is LIV dead now?
The quote from Monahan that they'll figure out a way to work the team concept into golf makes me think that LIV is dead after this season and maybe we see "LIV" in some sort of exhibition/WGC-type events (but that's total speculation). LIV was an objectively horrible TV product, so I just can't imagine it surviving in the current form after this merger.

Reaction Score
Does this mean Jim Nantz will have to work in the booth with David Feherty?? Just kidding

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom