PG Question | The Boneyard

PG Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone else feel our offense was/is better with Shabazz at the point? I realize he has to score for us to be successful and I get that they're playing him off the ball to be a 'scorer' ala Kemba in 2011. But since Boatright has been moved to the point, Boatright's game has suffered and our whole offense has really taken a step back. Personally, I'd rather have Shabazz with the ball in his hands 90% of the time letting him make decisions. He's obviously our best player, so just give him the ball and let him run the show. He'll make better passes than RB or just take his man vs relying on someone finding him. Samuel can spell him at PG if you need to give him a break on the bench or off the ball. Let RB play the 2 where he seems more comfortable. Anyone agree?

Reaction Score
KO played PG in the nba for 13 years yet out offense has gotten progressively worse all season. If we didnt have shabazz to bail us out this team would have 12-15 losses and would score 35 points a game

Reaction Score
No this team is best when Samuel is at the point. He penetrates and can finish around the rim, but more importantly creates separation and dishes out to an open Bazz and other players. He is the better option of him and Boatright right now.

Reaction Score
It got progressively worse when we took the ball out of our All American PG's hands and played him off the ball; relying on RB to play point. RB has a lessor handle and doesn't pass as well. Why?

Reaction Score
No this team is best when Samuel is at the point. He penetrates and can finish around the rim, but more importantly creates separation and dishes out to an open Bazz and other players. He is the better option of him and Boatright right now.
Agree, that'd be better than RB at point

Reaction Score
Did Bazz play off the ball the whole game?? I feel like it's about 50/50. I watched the game and it seemed 50/50 to me.
It seems Boat and Bazz both run the point and switch off in either random or situational contexts.
Especially against Ville's defense today we almost didn't even run an established offensive set with a "sure" ball-handler directing plays.

I think you guys are looking for blame but are blaming something that isn't even 100% true. Boat doesn't play PG 100% of the time. Bazz still runs the offense a lot, but Boat certainly is getting more chances to run it.
Also, I think he should get chances at PG being that Boat will be our starting PG next year with Purvis off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom