PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
FWIW, most of the pizza out here in Portland, OR sucks too. A couple decent places run by east coast transplants but nothing like CT pizza.

C

Chief00

For some reason Ollie has greater credibility with a player who has made a less than great school choice before - hence Purvis, Larrier & Gibbs, etc.

Maybe they can then see through the fog and BS.

Reaction Score
FWIW, most of the pizza out here in Portland, OR sucks too. A couple decent places run by east coast transplants but nothing like CT pizza.

The fact that there aren't places cranking out New Haven style pizza doesn't mean that the pizza sucks. It's just not what someone from CT grew up with.

Apizza scholls, ken's, nostrana, i could go on. Nostalgia plays a huge role in this. Plenty of the CT places that get shouted out in that thread are mediocre at best. Hell, Sally's is mediocre pizza.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
The fact that there aren't places cranking out New Haven style pizza doesn't mean that the pizza sucks. It's just not what someone from CT grew up with.

Apizza scholls, ken's, nostrana, i could go on. Nostalgia plays a huge role in this. Plenty of the CT places that get shouted out in that thread are mediocre at best. Hell, Sally's is mediocre pizza.

Different strokes.

Reaction Score
Your handle first read to me as "HskysNipSlp".

Reaction Score
Whenever I'm in a different city I try what the locals call the best pizza and I've had most of the best in Jersey, NYC and Chicago and nothing really seems to hold up to my favorite CT. places. I was just back in CT. recently visiting family and friends and had a delicious pie from Pepe's New Haven and slices from Domenick and Pia's in Waterbury where you get the best deal around, $3.75 for two slices and a small soda. Haven't had Sally's in many years so maybe it's fallen off but they used to make a great pie. A lot of places do a good to very good Neopalitan pizza these days but I often find many are just slightly missing the mark. Spacca Napoli in Chicago is popular and they have the right oven, San Marzano tomatoes and EVOO but they always just miss the mark on cooking the pie, it is never crisp enough and it's floppy in the center where the EVOO pools up, quality ingredients only get you so far. Heck the best pizza in Chicago is at Piece and they are New Haven guys. Some people think deep dish and double decker pizza is delicious so clearly we all have different tastes.

Reaction Score
I go to law school at Miami, I'll be sure to wear some UConn stuff for his visit on the 18th, on the off chance that I run into him.
Remind him how good pizza is in CT if you see him

Reaction Score
I literally cannot stop laughing. All that time spent reading into the second part of his tweet when the answer was right there in the first part. Who woulda thunk it?

Reaction Score
Wow! Wasn't expecting this especially so soon after this past weekend responses. Welcome abroad Juwan! KO is definitely doing well on the recruiting front.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Very excited to have this young man in the fold. Can't wait to see what he will do for us!

Reaction Score
Wooooo, that one came out of nowhere. I know he jus visited but there was no indication he was going to commit.

So much for all the tea leave readers on here who thought his twitter comment about being happy to be home meant he wasn't coming to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom