OT: - Pet insurance | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Pet insurance

Reaction Score
I'd disagree with that. Family of four and I pay like $10/week and haven't seen a bill for cleaning, x-rays or anything else in years.

I will say this. If you have kids who will need braces, that isn't covered by dental insurance. Make sure you opt in for a HSA at work if possible and use that to pay off those costs. For my kids by paying up front, I got a 15% discount on the cost. Used the HSA to pay it off and the money going in to an HSA is pre-tax money.
Is that cost through your employer or a private dental plan?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
$40/month for family coverage? Jesus. Neither my firm nor my wife's offers anywhere near that. That's a fraction of what we'd pay.

For many years, I bought "insurance" on DentalPlans.com -- it's not really insurance but, rather, a discount schedule that some dentists honor. My dentist took it for almost 15 years, allowing me to get $39 cleanings four times a year. He finally walked in after a cleaning and told me I was ripping him off. Now they're $100 more. But I ran the numbers and it still doesn't make sense to sign onto my wife's dental insurance or use my firm's.
That's my situation, too.

IIRC @Chin Diesel lives in FL.

Just did a double check. I was off by a bit. It's $15/week. My company uses Delta Dental who I think is a pretty big player in dental insurance.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Derailed
ClZ6qh.gif

Reaction Score
I always say, people who don't like cats never had one.

Hilarious.
I grew up with cats and dogs. And, we've had two ourselves, covering close to 20 years. They were cool to have around, but at the end, if you keep them that long, they get old, pizz in your house and the smell is tough to get rid of and, using the best days of each, they're nowhere near as cool as dogs...and for that reason, we're out. I get why some like having them though...if we couldn't have a dog, we'd probably consider it.

Reaction Score
I don't think I've spent $500 on my cat in 10 years.
Yes, but it’s a cat. Obviously dogs cost more since they are more valuable. :D. Just like a Porsche is more expensive than a Buick!

Reaction Score
LOL, my intent going to college was to be a vet. Turns out, it's harder to get into vet school than med school. And between organic chemistry and the overwhelming social obligations that come with college life...that just didn't happen...
First, sorry for responding to so many posts in a row, but there are a lot of interesting ones here. I had planned on being a vet too, until I spoke to a friend who was summering as a vet tech who told me about getting attacked by vicious cats and dogs all the time, I decided on a less dangerous profession: politics....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom