Perspective | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After having a chance to sleep on it...

I would not fire anyone.The program is in much better shape today than it was when Diaco took over. Diaco has also shown that he can recruit and field a competitive team. I would take a look at who is calling the plays, I think that needs to be changed. The last 6 minutes or so we played not to lose which often doesn't end well, but that last play call was one of the dumbest that I can remember.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Day later - my feelings on Diaco remain. The reason this die hard Husky fan is so conflicted about Diaco boils down to one thing- he is too inflexible to change and he refuses to take into consideration outside views. I have seen it first hand and we have witnessed it for 2 + years. Can Diaco go against his own DNA and recognize he needs to change?

Reaction Score
First of all, calling for the firing of the staff is stupid and will not happen. This staff is building the program and is going in the right direction and I believe they will get us where we all want to be, Champs . We have never been even close to Navy because of that offense system. Yesterday they played hard and made adjustments that turned the game around and a break, better special teams play, and a better block on the goal line, they would have pulled the comeback off. God I wish that happened because then we wouldn't have hear this crap. Monday morning QB's is cheap talk and we all have opinions like, a.... They win the next 2 games and we'll be 3-1, heading to Houston. After that, we'll be very competitive and I like our chances. So if you want blood on your hands, maybe you babies should keep your negativity off this board and don't attend and follow the team. Who needs to hear your negative perspective anyway. HCBD and his staff are the best we've had in a long time and they will build a dominant program. I hope we get into a power five just to keep them with us.

Reaction Score
No, one game isn't going to make or break anything, but this is a disturbing pattern in Diaco's case. We wouldn't be where we are now with our football program if this wasn't just another of several instances where winnable games were lost due to late game coaching decisions. They're looking at who your head coach is. What are they seeing with this guy? A nutjob who's incompetent when the chips are down? That isn't a great recommendation for inclusion in a conference trying to enhance its value.

If who the head coach plays a role in conference realignment, which it probably doesn't, Diaco is a positive. A Broyle's award winner from a major program who brought a program that had turned into a disaster to a bowl game in his 2nd season.

He was awful yesterday, and he's had other struggles, but the overall picture is positive.

Reaction Score
Diaco is failing spectacularly as ahead coach.
This team looks more promising at this point, than any other point since 2011. That's thanks to Bob Diaco and his staff.
That doesn't change the fact that he has zero clock management ability and a punt strategy that is indefensible. The players play hard, they don't quit, and when he's not screwing things up, they look like they can win some games. We're going to have to hope he learns from his mistake because there is ~0% chance of him being fired before 2018.

Reaction Score
Well, OK I guess. But fire him if we lose next week. Virginia sucks and we are at home so no excuses.
Not true. Despite their record, Virginia is not so bad. They have an excellent passing game, big O line. I think the game is a toss up.

Reaction Score
Not true. Despite their record, Virginia is not so bad. They have an excellent passing game, big O line. I think the game is a toss up.

They got manhandled by FCS Richmond at home and are 0-2 two weeks into the season. The 44-26 loss to Oregon could have/should have been worse than it was. I would say that for a P5 team they suck. Maybe they don't stink but they do suck. Doesn't mean the game next week won't be close though. We have shown ourselves to be slightly better than Maine and not quite as good as Navy. But Diaco owes us a win after yesterday's fiasco so he better come through against Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom