Perspective... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Perspective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I am not happy about the team's performance.

I am in no position to do anything about it.

I have bigger things to worry about, anyway.

I have been hoarse on and off for the past few months.

It wasn't basketball season, so we can't blame me screaming at the TV.

Visited an ENT guy. He scheduled a biopsy. Had a physical/EKG etc before showing up at the hospital for biopsy. All good.

No biopsy for you today, they said. Your heart rate is in the 20s. Who the hell carried you in here?

So instead of a biopsy, I got a pacemaker.

Fast forward a few weeks to last Wednesday. Back to hospital for rescheduled biopsy.

Results come in yesterday.

I am now scheduled to start radiation therapy on Friday.

Guess what super complicates chest and throat radiation?

A pacemaker, that's what.

I sure as hell hope the Huskies win a few games before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Whatever the hell that means.
Wishing you a healthy recovery and comfort during these times. GOD BLESS!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm a few months short of 70 years and dealing with Liver cancer and other issues but I've found a peace that passes understanding from my faith, and each day can be a journey of understanding when I let it be. I'm praying for you Rich.
And now I am for you, too, Rabid.

And thank you for the wisdom.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm a few months short of 70 years and dealing with Liver cancer and other issues but I've found a peace that passes understanding from my faith, and each day can be a journey of understanding when I let it be. I'm praying for you Rich.

And good fortune to you too Rabid. Like Rich, keep the Yard updated. Best.

Reaction Score
Rich, at least the radiation will give you some superpowers. Like you'll be able to turn into the Hulk....or shoot lasers out of your eyes or something. Please use these powers for good.

Reaction Score
Rich, you can't be shuffling off quite yet. We can't be losing all the old farts around here. Just go out and Fort the Eade and you'll be fine. I will be sending you well wishes from Kansas.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Thanks to all 'yarders, young and old. Your thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement are very much appreciated.

I met with the radiation oncologist today. He says that this type of cancer is as curable as it gets, and that mine is very early stage, so it should be a straightforward procedure. I go in again on Tuesday for more cat scans and to be scanned for the form fitting radiation mask.
I forgot to ask if I can take the radiation mask home to paint the Husky logo on it. Although that logo hasn't been met with the best of fortune this season, so maybe not, huh?

The old logo, that's the ticket!

Radiation itself starts the Monday after Thanksgiving, and runs every weekday for 33 treatments.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Thanks to all 'yarders, young and old. Your thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement are very much appreciated.

I met with the radiation oncologist today. He says that this type of cancer is as curable as it gets, and that mine is very early stage, so it should be a straightforward procedure. I go in again on Tuesday for more cat scans and to be scanned for the form fitting radiation mask.
I forgot to ask if I can take the radiation mask home to paint the Husky logo on it. Although that logo hasn't been met with the best of fortune this season, so maybe not, huh?

Radiation itself starts the Monday after Thanksgiving, and runs every weekday for 33 treatments.
Sounds like a pain in the ass (radiation treatments), but really good news ("as curable as it gets")!

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Great news, Rich. Glad to hear it.

If your experience with the radiation is like the two guys I know who just went through it, you can expect to meet other guys in your exact situation when you go for the sessions, and that in itself is somewhat therapeutic because those who have been doing it a little longer can give you a sense of what to expect. From what I observed, they both hit a patch a few weeks in where their throats got a little sore and raspy for a little while, and then they were fine after that.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Great news, Rich. Glad to hear it.

If your experience with the radiation is like the two guys I know who just went through it, you can expect to meet other guys in your exact situation when you go for the sessions, and that in itself is somewhat therapeutic because those who have been doing it a little longer can give you a sense of what to expect. From what I observed, they both hit a patch a few weeks in where their throats got a little sore and raspy for a little while, and then they were fine after that.

33 treatments -- one every weekday, beginning right after thanksgiving. He said expect the first 10 to 15 days or so to be easy, then for throat pan to start, and progressively get worse until close to the end. And it takes a couple months following the treatments before you really start to feel and sound like yourself.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Pulling for you man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads