Perfect APR Scores! | The Boneyard

Perfect APR Scores!

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I'm worried that as time goes on fewer people will remember how utterly insane our 2013 postseason ban was. It'll just be "UConn was banned for low APR scores." The entire retroactive rule change that made it impossible to comply will be forgotten.
And the fact that it worked out fine for us the year after doesn't make it ok.

Reaction Score
I'm worried that as time goes on fewer people will remember how utterly insane our 2013 postseason ban was. It'll just be "UConn was banned for low APR scores." The entire retroactive rule change that made it impossible to comply will be forgotten.
Outside of UConn fans nobody cares or even remembers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who cares? Seriously?
Idk man, I feel like college kids being in good standing academically while maintaining high level D1 commitments is something that should be celebrated. But that's just me

This thread topic is another BY annual rite of spring.

I really hope the players take advantage of whatever academic opportunities come their way while playing at UConn. I am sure some take it more seriously than others, but that's on them. I have little doubt with computers, wifi, etc and an increase in remote and distance learning the players can now be exposed to more learning even if they are in the classroom less.

UConn's admin across the board had to learn to play the game with numbers and timing of transfers in and out.

I don't think fans anywhere across the country care in great numbers why any team got banned for a particular year. Most fans wouldn't even know what teams were banned in a particular season. The absurdity of creating a rule, making it retroactive and giving a program no chance to recover from that decision is just one reason why fans don't care about NCAA rulings. Every fan is convinced every NCAA ruling against their program is bogus and every NCAA violation against opponents' programs is proof of low down, dirty, slimy, cheating summbiches.

Reaction Score
I kind of remember it was the president of UHart that was sticking it up our butts, right?

Reaction Score
We'll get a perfect APR next year, and we had players who didn't attend a class for 5+ months during our championship season. Schools have learned how to play the APR game.
APR is a great acronym.

A phony metric designed with emphasis on the last 2 letters of the acronym.

It stands for Academic Public Relations, right?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We had a trifecta of arbitrary and inequitable application of NCAA rules that year:

1) the rule change was applied retroactively;
2) we had previously been punished under the prior application of the rule, and had lost scholarships. We were punished twice for the same year; and
3) the NCAA refused to include current data, which would have made us compliant, even under the new rule change. Their justification was that “other schools might not have time to submit their information”. How the heck does that make any sense?

For what it’s worth, former University of Hartford president Walter Harrison shouldn’t be able to reserve a restaurant table in Connecticut. And he could’ve put a stop to this witchhunt at any time and chose not to.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Idk man, I feel like college kids being in good standing academically while maintaining high level D1 commitments is something that should be celebrated. But that's just me
Just you is impressed with meeting an arbitrary standard that proves nothing? And you want to celebrate a student with every academic advantage not flunking out? Talk about soft bigotry...

Bottom line for me is celebrating this nonsense gives it credibility. It should forever be mocked.

Reaction Score
And UNC skates with their fake classes. priceless...

Reaction Score
Just you is impressed with meeting an arbitrary standard that proves nothing? And you want to celebrate a student with every academic advantage not flunking out? Talk about soft bigotry...

Bottom line for me is celebrating this nonsense gives it credibility. It should forever be mocked.
One can mock it as a test -- as you said, it should be mocked -- and still be pleased that the program has figured out how to play the game.

Reaction Score
I don't think it will be very long before academics and college athletics are disconnected. NCAA influence at the highest level of college athletics is waning and will continue to do so. There's too much money involved to knock athletes or programs out of contention for mere academic reasons. Hell.......Alabama basketball had kids who may be been accessories to a murder and they still played in the tourney. If a pending felony doesn't preclude participation it's hard to imagine anyone cares about GPAs.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
One can mock it as a test -- as you said, it should be mocked -- and still be pleased that the program has figured out how to play the game.
Geez, that was 3 coaches ago. You still think that's worth a cookie?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Fine, as long as we never lose sight of how utterly phony it all is.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm shocked, shocked, to find that gambling is going on in here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom