Perfect '14 Class? | The Boneyard

Perfect '14 Class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With so much riding on what KO can bring in for 2014 and so much talk about that year's targets lately, very curious to what people here would consider our realistic best-case scenario to be?

Is something along the lines of Hill/Aaron, Terrell, D. Morgan, Abu, Okafor (and if that's a pipe-dream, Chukwu) our dream class?

Reaction Score
I would be very happy wih Hill, Terrell, Abu, and Chukwu. Would be through the roof if we add Okafor on top of that. We get some height and power along with some good perimeter fire power. If we don't get Okafor, another guard would be an ok add. Can never have too many especially since Bazz and Boat will both most likely be gone by then.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
  • Abdul Malik-Abu
  • Jarred Terrell
  • Ahmed Hill
  • Jahlil Okafor
  • Dwayne Morgan
  • A point guard

Reaction Score
I honestly think that we have a real chance with Jarred Terrell, Abdul Malik-Abu, Ahmed Hill, Pascal Chuckwu, Leron Black, Craig Victor, and Jahlil Okafor. Out of that I realistically see us getting Terrell, Malik-Abu, and Chuckwu. Then I think we could get Aaron/a PG.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I honestly think that we have a real chance with Jarred Terrell, Abdul Malik-Abu, Ahmed Hill, Pascal Chuckwu, Leron Black, Craig Victor, and Jahlil Okafor. Out of that I realistically see us getting Terrell, Malik-Abu, and Chuckwu. Then I think we could get Aaron/a PG.

I think we either get Terrell or Hill. I doubt both.

Reaction Score
I think we either get Terrell or Hill. I doubt both.
Agreed. Same position and both are really talented. I would like Ahmed Hill more but I think Terrell and Malik-Abu are a package deal almost.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Agreed. Same position and both are really talented. I would like Ahmed Hill more but I think Terrell and Malik-Abu are a package deal almost.

Then I would have to go with Terrell/Abu package as well. Abu is still growing and is supposed to be around 7 feet and he already possesses great skills around the basket, both defensively and offensively.

Hill is a great player, probably better than Terrell, but we need talent down low. If they both come then great!!!

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
What PGs is Ollie on for 2014?

We offered Jordan McLaughlin, but we're not recruiting him at the moment. Other than that not really anybody. Mostly small forwards, shooting guards, and big-men.

Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about Ben summons a sf from Australia? He is transferring to Montverde and don't think anyone has really started to recruit him hard yet. He is 2014 I believe. I wonder if we will make a play at him.

Reaction Score
I like the optimism but what planet are you guys on to think we can pull all of those guys in '14?

Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about Ben summons a sf from Australia? He is transferring to Montverde and don't think anyone has really started to recruit him hard yet. He is 2014 I believe. I wonder if we will make a play at him.

Ben Simmons is 2015 so that's a little ways off

Reaction Score
We will have an unbelievable practice facility built, a TON of playing time available at almost all positions, and we are UConn.

Stamp.

May have 6 scholarships available.

I like Jordan McLaughlin, a scoring guard who can also create with his quickness.. much needed spark if behind Samuel. The idea of a package deal with Jared Terrell and Abdul-Malik Abu seems realistic. Pascal Chukwu controlling the paint.

Nice to haves would include any one of the four Leron Black, Ahmed Hill, Kelly Oubre or Shaqquan Aaron..

Trying to remain realistic but that staff has a real shot if they go All-in on who they want ASAP especially McLaughlin since he seems to be the only PG on the radar at the time..

Reaction Score
For PG's in 2014 UConn has looked at a few of them. Recently they started going after Shelton Mitchell. Apparently it was too late for them to make any impact on him as he committed to Wake Forest early this weekend. They also were recruiting Jordan McLaughlin at one time before. I'm pretty sure that they aren't actively recruiting him. UConn was also recruiting Kaleb Joseph at one point. He visited this past summer and cam away very impressed with everything. Again, I don't think we are actively recruiting him. The staff has also been monitoring Winston Morgan. They never offered but Winston said to me that they are recruiting him and checking in on him. I expect them to start to recruit someone and that will be their top target.

Reaction Score

The caption reads that they are former AAU teammates and close friends. How's that for a pkg. deal? Kaleb Joseph, Jared Terrell and Abdul-Malik Abu ...

H

Huskieforlife

The caption reads that they are former AAU teammates and close friends. How's that for a pkg. deal? Kaleb Joseph, Jared Terrell and Abdul-Malik Abu ...

that would be great! but i dont think it will happen.:(

Reaction Score
Kahari Beaufort is the #1 player in Connecticut and a PG. He goes to UConn games all the time and is close friends with KO's son. We haven't offered him yet but there is a lot of mutual interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom