Perceived Slights And Airing Of Grievances | The Boneyard

Perceived Slights And Airing Of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I’m basking in the afterglow of number 6 reading everything out there and watching the sports shows and while most are plenty complimentary there is plenty of ugliness out there. Just to mention a couple, Fox sports show where they said ho hum college basketball was down with no superstars. Then an article about why Florida’s back to back was more impressive than ours because they all had to commit to coming back and had a target on their backs. And then of course how next year we get projected 4th or 5th behind Duke, this before Hurley even makes his roster.
These people get paid money to spout this garbage. Anyway, Hurley will have bulletin board stuff not that he needs it.

Reaction Score
So I’m basking in the afterglow of number 6 reading everything out there and watching the sports shows and while most are plenty complimentary there is plenty of ugliness out there. Just to mention a couple, Fox sports show where they said ho hum college basketball was down with no superstars. Then an article about why Florida’s back to back was more impressive than ours because they all had to commit to coming back and had a target on their backs. And then of course how next year we get projected 4th or 5th behind Duke, this before Hurley even makes his roster.
These people get paid money to spout this garbage. Anyway, Hurley will have bulletin board stuff not that he needs it.
Ass backwards. It’s MUCH harder to repeat during the transfer portal and NIL era. It’s similar to repeating in professional sports during a salary cap era compared to when teams had all of the leverage and ability to keep their own players as long as they wanted.

Reaction Score
I think this team did an amazing job, not only winning #6, but getting some "pundits" monkeys off our backs, that we heard constantly this year.
One, we hadn't won a Big East Championship since 2006.
Two, we hadn't beaten a ranked team on the road since 2009.
The "anti-UConn" people will be digging for more negatives before next year.
One I heard today, before we won these last two Natty's we hadn't been past a sweet 16 since 2016. Are you kidding me?

Reaction Score
I admit that I am overly sensitive to this stuff number one because is was such a monumental but difficult accomplishment and two because I’m such a big fan. I guess I need to chill out but I’m dealing with canker sores that nerves caused by stress just before the championship game (and I never get them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom