Per Goodman: Larrier In, Gilbert Out | The Boneyard

Per Goodman: Larrier In, Gilbert Out

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Probably for the best. Subluxed shoulders are finicky things. If it is hurting it is best to give him a little rest. Anderson starts?

Reaction Score
I wonder if its just soreness and he needs rest or if its more serious than they are letting on.

Reaction Score
PLEASE just let JA run the offense tonight, start Vital at the 2. Larrier 3, Polley 4, Cobb?

Ollie still seems terrible at finding good rotations. It takes him the entire season to figure this stuff out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Those hopes are gone now?
You gotta admit--or at least I gotta admit--that it is concerning at this point given the history, the nature of the injury, the attempts to repair it and the fact that it has become an issue again so soon.

I bust on @superjohn a lot about his certainty about things that often aren't so certain, but I have to acknowledge that he was consistently concerned about this with Alterique, apparently with good reason.

I want to have hope and still will, but of necessity now it will be very guarded. And that bums me out because I think a 100% AG is our best hope at having a successful season...and next couple seasons.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You gotta admit--or at least I gotta admit--that it is concerning at this point given the history, the nature of the injury, the attempts to repair it and the fact that it has become an issue again so soon.

I bust on @superjohn a lot about his certainty about things that often aren't so certain, but I have to acknowledge that he was consistently concerned about this with Alterique, apparently with good reason.

I want to have hope and still will, but of necessity now it will be very guarded. And that bums me out because I think a 100% AG is our best hope at having a successful season...and next couple seasons.

Concerning, yes. I think the chance that he will be a significant player for this program is greater than 0%, i.e. my hopes are not completely in the past tense. I also don't think him sitting out one game is a reasonable trigger for ejection of such hope.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
@8893, as an addendum I saw multiple people argue that for recruiting purposes, Gilbert should not be considered part of the team going forward. There is a time and place for that; we are not near either.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Concerning, yes. I think the chance that he will be a significant player for this program is greater than 0%, i.e. my hopes are not completely in the past tense. I also don't think him sitting out one game is a reasonable trigger for ejection of such hope.
If you want to read @LIuconn literally, then one could also argue--which I imagine is the case--that he still has hope, just not "high" hopes, i.e., he has lowered his expectations under the circumstances. I think that's reasonable.

Reaction Score
@8893, as an addendum I saw multiple people argue that for recruiting purposes, Gilbert should not be considered part of the team going forward. There is a time and place for that; we are not near either.
Yeah, we are.

Reaction Score
It's likely to always be an issue moving forward - definitely mental, probably physical - and I think the world of his game at this level. To me he has the highest ceiling on the roster.

It kills me that he was cleared for full activity late summer and can't get helped off the floor without wincing. Something's up

Reaction Score
No, you are wrong. The logical leap you have taken to land there is nothing short of astounding.
Not as astounding as how blind you are. Calhoun would have recruited over him.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

I see more with both of my eyes closed than you do with both of yours open.

The Calhoun days are over and never coming back. Talk about blindness.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hoping it’s just sore and not taking chances because it’s Columbia.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Simply unfortunate. I feel like we're gonna worry every second he's on the court that that shoulder could get reaggravated.

I'm worried that he is going to have the same fear. Gilbert will have to play smart but playing tentatively isn't a recipe for success.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

We recruited MAL and when he bailed we went after Waters. It didn't work out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom