Per ESPN, Dan O to start Sunday | The Boneyard

Per ESPN, Dan O to start Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Is it good for the program to have the starting QB (twice!) & RB on potentially the worst two teams in NFL history?

Reaction Score
They play at New England too!!. Dan O. could make the record books as being the only starting signal caller to play for the only two NFL teams to go 0-16 . The Colts remaining schedule is pretty tough, and the easiest game left is on the road.

@ New England (8-3)
@ Baltimore (8-3)
v. Tennessee (6-5)
v. Houston (8-3)
@ Jacksonville (3-8)

Reaction Score
Modern NFL. The NFL was somehow comparable to wrasslin' in it's first 30 years. The way the NFL started up is an interesting story. It started as a conglomerate of pro leagues from the Great Lakes region. The Buffalo All-Americans (powerhouse for the first two years) vs the Jim Thorpe-led Canton Bulldogs in 1920 was the first pro game in New York City to my knowledge. Hartford even had an NFL franchise in the 1920s.

Reaction Score
Dan O. could make the record books as being the only starting signal caller to play for the only two NFL teams to go 0-16 .
Ironically, Danny O. has been quoted saying he thinks he is going to be part of something special in Detroit. I guess he was right. If he can win ONE of those remaining games, he can erase memories (somewhat) of being associated with something special.

Reaction Score
If DanO wants to play in the NFL beyond this year, this is his audition.

Ironically, the Texans would have been better off if they kept DanO, they start rookie TJ Yates this week.

Reaction Score
I'm going to the game on Sunday. Do I have to secretly cheer for the Colts?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
How would they be better off? If given an option, wouldn't you start a rookie over a journey man QB who is known for an 0-16 season? As well as running out of his own end zone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
How would they be better off? If given an option, wouldn't you start a rookie over a journey man QB who is known for an 0-16 season? As well as running out of his own end zone?

no?

Reaction Score
Good for DanO to get another shot. Still can't believe the Colts haven't found a way to piece together a single win this year. There's talent on that team. Manning was good, but that good?

Reaction Score

For starters, they would be better of because DanO knows the playbook having spent two years in the system. That would allow them to open the game plan and give the offense a better chance to succeed.

But why bother with reason when your agenda is to throw a former player under the bus? Nice job.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
If DanO wants to play in the NFL beyond this year, this is his audition.

Ironically, the Texans would have been better off if they kept DanO, they start rookie TJ Yates this week.

That kid is bloody awful. How did he make the NFL?

Reaction Score
We don't need to play BC. DO + DB = UConn versus New England at Gillette this Sunday?

Reaction Score
go Danny O the best QB of all time :D, brady you got nothing on him

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It's about time. Painter sucks and the Colts are pretty much guaranteed the #1 pick at this point and looking at their remaining schedule. If Orlovsky is too successful and the pick becomes in doubt they can always go back to Painter in a reverse benching to lose again. Hopefully, Orlovsky plays well and can get a contract somewhere next year. I never understood why the Colts went with Painter over Orlovsky in the first place.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
There's talent on that team. Manning was good, but that good?

That was a big issue in the preseason. I though they should trade him and rebuild. He was asking much too much money for a guy at age and his backing cast was getting weaker on a tight payroll.

Manning at 36 next year? Favre was the only QB to win a playoff game at age 40. Elway won Superbowls at 37 and 38.

Kurt Warner, Rich Gannon, and Johnny Unitas lost Super Bowls at 37. Plunkett won at age 36. Staubach and Tarkenton lost at 36.

I guess we know why they didn't trade him. They will draft Andrew Luck. Signing a 35 yearold QB to 5 years and $90+ million is a low percentage play.

There is that exception: John Elway signed a new five- year, $29.5 million contract at age 35. Now a 35 year old QB is worth 3x that amount?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
No, not throwing him under a bus. I just don't see the logic in starting DanO over a rookie at this point in his career. He's had an opportunity to learn the playbook at Detroit so that one day they could 'open things up'. Arguably one of the greatest QB of all time is out for a season and Dan still doesn't win the Job in the offseason.

Great guy, and an even better college QB but sometimes it's ok to state facts even if they are negative.

Besides, who have you been angling all season to get a fair shot at QB for UCONN, the rookie or the vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger