Per-40 with DePaul is up... | The Boneyard

Per-40 with DePaul is up...

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
...download from the usual location here.

Far enough in for the summary numbers to have some validity for those with some playing time, especially given the number of ranked opponents to date.

The team's been making use of their height. Haven't paid attention to the PIP figures much, but the tall girls are taking shots at a far higher rate than their shorter compatriots.

The highest take (and make) rates for 3FG so far is...AEH, and it's not close. She likes to shoot.

The team is not stellar making steals, and I was surprised to see the 2nd leading rate (behind Gabby's) is Napheesa's, again by a large margin.

In standard stats, Crystal raised her A/TO to a lovely 3.21, which is only good for about 20th place in D1. But I suspect the values for most others will be falling as they get into their league schedules. (BTW Morgan William of MS St leads the pack with a 5.38 ratio as of 12/7.)

The team as a whole is shooting 51.7%, 40.1% from 3. Haven't looked up the history, but those are good numbers no matter where they rank. Everybody who plays significant minutes is shooting better than 47.9% except for Megan, who's at 40%. Two players (you know who they are) are well north of 50% on 3s.

I have been thinking the team has accumulated a lot of fouls this year. But, NCAA stats show them ranked 11th as of Thursday, with only 4 teams having played 7 games ranked higher. Shows what I know.

DePaul was a fun game to watch, with the home team trying to play even faster than the Huskies do. I found myself impressed with how in control our team played at that speed (and totally mystified by some of their long, lazy passes against a really quick team ;-P)

Did anyone else notice that the PGs are apparently confident of Kyla's ability to handle the ball? A few times, after she inbounded, Kia and Molly sent the ball to her and headed down the floor without looking back.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks! I think our shooting was at about 43% after 2 games. We are back to about our norm, just above 50%.

And the 40% from the arc is very solid.

I'd like to see the FT shooting improve to 75-78%.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom