Pepe's Making its Boston-area Debut in Chestnut Hill | The Boneyard

Pepe's Making its Boston-area Debut in Chestnut Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Pepe's pizza is definitely one of the top 10 things I miss most about not living in S. CT over the past 20 years. I would definitely make this a "must do" jumping off point for the BC game next year. Geez, my mouth is watering just looking at that freakin' pie! Perfect!
http://ow.ly/W0jxM

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
One of the things thats always amazed me about CT establishments like this is that they never consider a Storrs/Mansfield/Tolland location

Pepes/Sallies/The BBQ Place in Hartford/Wherever else on/near campus would make a killing.

Reaction Score
Drew said:
One of the things thats always amazed me about CT establishments like this is that they never consider a Storrs/Mansfield/Tolland location

Pepes/Sallies/The BBQ Place in Hartford/Wherever else on/near campus would make a killing.

Bears BBQ actually announced yesterday that they have a big announcement coming and indicated it would be about UConn. So that actually may come to fruition.

Reaction Score
well, i know what i'm getting for dinner tonight.

this day just got awesome.

Reaction Score
The random Bears BBQ on a back road in South Windsor is so...random. Put one in Storrs!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Living in Boston I have no urge to go to this Pepe's because it'll never be as good as the 1 in S.CT.

Reaction Score
Living in Boston I have no urge to go to this Pepe's because it'll never be as good as the 1 in S.CT.

Never understood this sentiment... You're going to spite yourself and have suckier pizza at some other place because its a just a tiny bit different or "not as good" as the original joint??

i hear it all the time, even in this thread... " oh, i cant go to the Fairfield one, I cant go to Mohegan... its not as good as New Haven, its just not the same"

The fact is, any of the locations are still better than 99% of other places

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Never understood this sentiment... You're going to spite yourself and have suckier pizza at some other place because its a just a tiny bit different or "not as good" as the original joint??

i hear it all the time, even in this thread... " oh, i cant go to the Fairfield one, I cant go to Mohegan... its not as good as New Haven, its just not the same"

Agreed. I went to the one in Mohegan last year. Solid if not as great as I remember.
I won't go to this one because Chestnut Hill is a bitch to get to from the outer Boston burbs. But if they land one at say, Patriot Place...I'm all over it.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

"oh this Pepes is slightly below the calibur of the other Pepes so I just go to Papa Johns"

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"oh this Pepes is slightly below the calibur of the other Pepes so I just go to Papa Johns"

Up there it's Papa Gino's.

Reaction Score

I've only had the Fairfield branch and the original is way better.

Reaction Score
FWIW, a friend of mine works at the Chestnut Hill Mall, had never had Pepe's, went to it with his coworkers and they all agreed it was solidly mediocre. Don't know if it just really is mediocre (which happens to be my thoughts on it) or that specific location really isn't as good.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

It's pizza...if I want really good pizza I'll have it when I'm in CT. If I want to eat good enough pizza there are plenty of places that deliver near me... I don't understand the sentiment..."Since it's PePe's I should pay more just to have it"

Reaction Score
It's pizza...if I want really good pizza I'll have it when I'm in CT. If I want to eat good enough pizza there are plenty of places that deliver near me... I don't understand the sentiment..."Since it's PePe's I should pay more just to have it"
Pepe's is very reasonable.

Reaction Score

enjoy your Domino's

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, a friend of mine works at the Chestnut Hill Mall, had never had Pepe's, went to it with his coworkers and they all agreed it was solidly mediocre.
Of course they did.

APA

Reaction Score
New HAven is great. Pepe's in Mohegan Sun is fair at best. Really not very good.

Reaction Score
uconndennis said:
Never understood this sentiment... You're going to spite yourself and have suckier pizza at some other place because its a just a tiny bit different or "not as good" as the original joint?? i hear it all the time, even in this thread... " oh, i cant go to the Fairfield one, I cant go to Mohegan... its not as good as New Haven, its just not the same" The fact is, any of the locations are still better than 99% of other places

Tell me about it. I almost never went to new haven because I don't like waiting in lines for anything. So other than one time about two years ago the last time I went to Pepe's was in high school in the 80s.

The other locations are great.

Reaction Score
As far as chains go, Papa Gino's destroys Papa Johns every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Haven't had either of them in years but Papa Johns was horrendous. I always thought Papa Gino's was pretty darn good, best chain pizza.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Haven't had either of them in years but Papa Johns was horrendous. I always thought Papa Gino's was pretty darn good, best chain pizza.

Papa John's was just fine after the Papa John's bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom