People were paying attention Friday :( | The Boneyard

People were paying attention Friday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well we clamored for exposure. Get a night where all the CFB junkies are watching you and we get a monsoon and play probably our ugliest game in over a decade.

We just have to move on. Writer is jerk for what he wrote about the blue and white kid though.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer is a schmuck...

I hope this is the one thing we will all agree about - the writer is a RICHARD for writing that about Blue and White kid - i guess anyone can be a writer these days.

Reaction Score
Writer is jerk for what he wrote about the blue and white kid though.

very douchey.

edit: further down in the article, he's complaining about uniform colors. So he's swishy AND douchey.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is exactly what frustrates me most about Friday night's game: the national attention UCONN got and the punchline we became all over social media, etc. I understand and have fully signed up for a rebuilding year in 2014. What I don't want to sign up for is UCONN football's reputation getting any worse than it already is. Instead of nice little pieces about the players playing hard until the end of the game, we were (and continue to be) the punchline for "does UCONN know that the forward pass is legal?" jokes that continued through the weekend. Exactly what UCONN does not need when we are desperately trying to fight our way out of the AAC.

Reaction Score
This could be a death knell for P5 hope. In an era where college football viewership (the motivating factor behind CR) is driven by excitement and high-flying offense, we're further cementing our reputation as a boring "pitching and defense" team.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This could be a death knell for P5 hope. In an era where college football viewership (the motivating factor behind CR) is driven by excitement and high-flying offense, we're further cementing our reputation as a boring "pitching and defense" team.
That bell has rung. For all the positives we would bring - and I truly believe that long term we would be a help to either the B1G or ACC - if they've been watching our games this year, Warde and Susan's phones aren't ringing any time soon.

Reaction Score
That bell has rung. For all the positives we would bring - and I truly believe that long term we would be a help to either the B1G or ACC - if they've been watching our games this year, Warde and Susan's phones aren't ringing any time soon.

best we can hope is that things stay status quo alignment-wise for about 5 years and that we improve in the meantime. If those game pieces start moving around soon, we are truly effed.

Reaction Score
Idiots

They freaking took Rutgers. Have you seen Syracuse play football.

UConn will have another opportunity to rise to a P5. Thankfully, it's not an evaluation year. We look like crap. But we have time & resources to work our way up. We are doing all we can to turn the objections into a Yes. Our Football Program is key & needs to really develop in the next 20 months.

Many here discounted HCRE program building. I'll say it again: he did a fabulous job considering all the variables. We better hope Diaco has the capacity to be a builder.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This is a little drama queenish for me. Were people expecting a Kevin Ollie type year out of Diaco? I was hoping for 7-5, and a bowl. We lost our qb in the first game, and the oline has been worse than expected. I felt if the oline gave up 36-44 sacks on the season we could really surprise. We are worse than I thought.

We will get more chances to show were worthy. We pay our coaches top dollar in this conference. In future years they will have to produce results commensurate with salary. It was a horrible night. Time to move forward.

Reaction Score
Guess it's easy to get kicked when you're down, but there was no need for BWK to get singled out by that "writer". What a buttcrack.

Reaction Score
What he wrote about me doesn't bother me. By dressing the way I do, I have to expect to get both positive and negative attention. I'm used to it, and can deal with it. I beileve that picture was taken within a minute of USF converting a 3rd and 16 with a rushing play. So I may have been a little dejected with that play, but obviously I didn't give up on the game until the scoreboard read 0:00. Hopefully we can make more substantial progress on Saturday versus Temple because the fan support is only going to get worse if the results continue the way they have. I'll be at the Rent painted up again Saturday, and then I'll be in New Orleans for the Tulane game. A little rain and a rough patch of play will not stop me from supporing this team.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What he wrote about me doesn't bother me. By dressing the way I do, I have to expect to get both positive and negative attention. I'm used to it, and can deal with it. I beileve that picture was taken within a minute of USF converting a 3rd and 16 with a rushing play. So I may have been a little dejected with that play, but obviously I didn't give up on the game until the scoreboard read 0:00. Hopefully we can make more substantial progress on Saturday versus Temple because the fan support is only going to get worse if the results continue the way they have. I'll be at the Rent painted up again Saturday, and then I'll be in New Orleans for the Tulane game. A little rain and a rough patch of play will not stop me from supporing this team.

I would love to get a picture with you one of these days to add to my collection of UConn stuff - you are a true UConn fan! If you make it to the HuskyWalk this week I will look for you if you dont mind!

Reaction Score
Blue white guy at USF when we kicked the field goal to go to the Fiesta. I still have not given up on this team and will continue to go to ALL home games and go to as many away as I can. See you in NOLA BLUE/white man. UR THE BEST LOYAL FAN EVER! Fjck Jackass writers.

Reaction Score
While distasteful and unfortunate, we deserve all the crap that we are getting - - that was the worst offensive performance that I ever saw on a college football field. At this point I have no faith that we win another game this season save maybe SMU. Very disheartened right now and pissed that we are in this position. I will continue to watch and cheer of course but man we have so freakin far to go ...

Reaction Score
A little rain and a rough patch of play will not stop me from supporing this team.
image.jpg

We were there in the cold last year at Temple with our grandsons and witnessed our heroic comeback. Down 21-0 at the half and my wife freezing--we stayed to the end. So did you.
We were at UCF watching our Huskies get demolished by the first QB taken in the Draft (my two granddaughters that time) and we have a photo to prove Blue-White Kid was there too.
And we just sat in the rain (again with our granddaughters) at USF. And we saw BWK from afar and smiled.

That writer is dead wrong. I never, ever, regret showing up at a Husky game--even when we lose--and I don't think BWK does either. And we will win again. And when we do I'll remember all the fans I've seen on the road during the lean times. And I'll raise the glass highest for Blue White Kid.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what frustrates me most about Friday night's game: the national attention UCONN got and the punchline we became all over social media, etc. I understand and have fully signed up for a rebuilding year in 2014. What I don't want to sign up for is UCONN football's reputation getting any worse than it already is. Instead of nice little pieces about the players playing hard until the end of the game, we were (and continue to be) the punchline for "does UCONN know that the forward pass is legal?" jokes that continued through the weekend. Exactly what UCONN does not need when we are desperately trying to fight our way out of the AAC.
If I knew nothing about Uconn football,and watched that game on national tv,I would be making a laughing stock out of them too.Their reputation is at an all-time low after that mess.Nobody cares that so and so was giving it their all out there till the end.We deserve to be the punchline of all jokes right now.It is what it is.I hope and pray that BD can bring us out of this wreck.it's going to take time to get his type of player in here.All I know is I'm really tired of being a below average football team for a good chunk of their D1 football existence, and being told about year after year by the media.

Reaction Score
We need 40,000 like You every week. Props to You Kid.

Reaction Score
View attachment 6943

We were there in the cold last year at Temple with our grandsons and witnessed our heroic comeback. Down 21-0 at the half and my wife freezing--we stayed to the end. So did you.
We were at UCF watching our Huskies get demolished by the first QB taken in the Draft (my two granddaughters that time) and we have a photo to prove Blue-White Kid was there too.
And we just sat in the rain (again with our granddaughters) at USF. And we saw BWK from afar and smiled.

That writer is dead wrong. I never, ever, regret showing up at a Husky game--even when we lose--and I don't think BWK does either. And we will win again. And when we do I'll remember all the fans I've seen on the road during the lean times. And I'll raise the glass highest for Blue White Kid.

This kind of fan support is encouraging and gives me goosebumps. I was there at USF in the pouring rain 2.5 hours from what I now call home (from CT originally) and I was there until the final whistle because I believe and support this team and program. I will forever cheer proudly and wear the Uconn colors/logo/name all over South Florida. #RiseUp #HuskyUp #BleedBlue #HuskyNation #UconnCountry

Reaction Score
F-yea you'll be there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger