People - please read the rules (especially you new folks) | The Boneyard

People - please read the rules (especially you new folks)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The rules are in a thread tacked to the top of the board.

There is a rule against harmful speculation here. The definition of harmful speculation is making a supposition, unsupported by fact, that can damage a person's reputation. Examples of this that I've seen in the past include wondering if someone is pregnant, had a fight with a coach/teammate, and casting aspersions on someone's intent. If this stuff is repeated, it becomes accepted as truth and that could be damaging to someone's reputation.

If your sentences contain the words "I'll bet...", "I think...", "Most likely...", "I heard..." or something similar, examine your post. If you're speculating on the starting line up for next year or on whether or not something is a foul, you're fine. BUT if you speculate on someone's feelings or motives, don't do it if you're assuming malintent. For example unless there is a news article or direct quote by the person involved, do NOT post stuff like "I'll bet she went into the game wanting to hurt someone" (I saw this yesterday :(), "I think she does that all the time and it isn't caught", "She most likely doesn't care if someone is hurt", and so on. That is harmful speculation. The rule extends to speculation about coaches, refs, the media, etc too.

We're better than that, people. Please, don't indulge in the purposeful damaging of another human being's reputation. I appeal to your better nature but if that doesn't work, there can be administrative action that you probably won't like.

Reaction Score
The rules are in a thread tacked to the top of the board.

There is a rule against harmful speculation here. The definition of harmful speculation is making a supposition, unsupported by fact, that can damage a person's reputation. Examples of this that I've seen in the past include wondering if someone is pregnant, had a fight with a coach/teammate, and casting aspersions on someone's intent. If this stuff is repeated, it becomes accepted as truth and that could be damaging to someone's reputation.

If your sentences contain the words "I'll bet...", "I think...", "Most likely...", "I heard..." or something similar, examine your post. If you're speculating on the starting line up for next year or on whether or not something is a foul, you're fine. BUT if you speculate on someone's feelings or motives, don't do it if you're assuming malintent. For example unless there is a news article or direct quote by the person involved, do NOT post stuff like "I'll bet she went into the game wanting to hurt someone" (I saw this yesterday :(), "I think she does that all the time and it isn't caught", "She most likely doesn't care if someone is hurt", and so on. That is harmful speculation. The rule extends to speculation about coaches, refs, the media, etc too.

We're better than that, people. Please, don't indulge in the purposeful damaging of another human being's reputation. I appeal to your better nature but if that doesn't work, there can be administrative action that you probably won't like.
you are right the world is in a bad enough way and we have to start thinking about people.start treating people like you want to be treated.
Iam new to this and iam glad i read you first

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom