Penny Taylor more than a sidekick | The Boneyard

Penny Taylor more than a sidekick

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Voepel on Penny Taylor

So if you were playing "Monopoly" with Taylor and she landed on one of your properties that had a hotel, she wouldn't pick up the game board and toss it to the floor. She might let loose with an expletive, but even that doesn't mean she's really upset.

"I swear way more than anyone else I've met in America," Taylor said, grinning. "Except for maybe Diana."

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
More from the article:

What Taylor has been asked to do by the Mercury -- not just this summer, but every year -- is a little of everything. She scored 16.7 points per game this season, the second-highest average of her WNBA career. She also averaged 4.9 rebounds and 4.7 assists. She trailed only Sylvia Fowles, Candace Parker and Tina Charles in efficiency rating, at 20.1.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
And more regarding PFT and Taurasi:

The Mercury player who does look the part of the emotional type -- and whom you fully expect to put the "pro" in profanity -- is the colorful Taurasi.

"It's funny, sometimes I think the perception you have of yourself is skewed," Taylor said. "Because people will say to me, 'You stay so calm on the court, and it looks like you're really in control.'

"But the way I feel on the inside is different; I feel like I'm fired up and just as ferocious as Diana. I guess on the exterior, it doesn't look like that."

They're close as teammates and friends. When Taurasi went through the ordeal this past winter with the Turkish lab that botched her drug test, causing her team to terminate her contract, Taylor left the squad, too.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
tha'ts some great stuff. thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom