Penny Hardaway on the G-League | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Penny Hardaway on the G-League

Reaction Score
Players deserve an legit option besides college. It's not for everybody.

Like when you are awesome in bb but terrible in the classroom. Oh wait I forgot about the UNC option.

Reaction Score
He does have a point, but he also wanted all the smoke so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The former Memphis star turned Memphis head coach said in a video interview to media released Friday that he disagrees with the league's latest on-court approach.

“For me, I didn’t think the G League was built—and I could be wrong—to go and recruit kids that want to go to college out of going to college,” he said. “I thought they were going to be the organization that was going to be, if you want to go overseas or you absolutely did not want to play college 100%, that this would be the best situation for you before you go into the NBA.

“But taking guys out of their commitments [or] they’ve already signed and continuing to talk to their parents, it’s almost like tampering. I really don’t agree with that.”
Oh, poor Penny has the sadz.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He’s pissed because the G-League stole his business model. In all seriousness this is terrible for him. Every would be penny recruit is now a straight to G-league kid.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Penny doesn't like it when someone craps on him but he doesn't think twice about crapping on anyone else
He, Sean Miller and Bruce Pearl are 3 peas in a pod

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Penny complaining about the "G" league while he's passing stacks in the AAC makes me chuckle.

Reaction Score
Players deserve an legit option besides college. It's not for everybody.

And that includes a good % of the student population, not just some basketball players.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
This isn’t as big a problem as some people make it out to be. I’d much rather go to college and be treated like a rock star than go to the G League and be a nobody unless I make a mark there. I think we will see that developing in college is better for the players because they won’t be marked as bad goods if they are good college players. If you go to the G League and get eaten up your career might be over before it starts. There are grown men there that will make an 18 year old with potential look really bad at first and it can ruin a player mentally. My guess is a handful of great players/bad students go G League and most others still take the college route.
Rockstar in college < 500k for 20-30 G league instructional games.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
500k + potential endorsement money at 18 is not on par with having a class schedule made for you and going to frat parties for 6 months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom