Pennsylvania governor to sue NCAA over Sandusky sanctions | The Boneyard

Pennsylvania governor to sue NCAA over Sandusky sanctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the we just don't get it section of your local newspaper.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
What's not to get? The NCAA overstepped their mission and authority! Emmert used the issue to increase his power (classic short man's syndrome). Money raised in Pennsylvania for use by a government agency is being diverted to other states and uses! I hope the gov wins the lawsuit. (I also hope Spanier and the others involved become someone's in jail.)

Reaction Score
The governor should have sued Penn state on behalf of those kids but you get point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What's not to get? The NCAA overstepped their mission and authority! Emmert used the issue to increase his power (classic short man's syndrome). Money raised in Pennsylvania for use by a government agency is being diverted to other states and uses! I hope the gov wins the lawsuit. (I also hope Spanier and the others involved become someone's in jail.)

Agreed. Jay Bilas recently tweeted much the same. The actions at Penn State were horrible and repugnant. Nobody defends them. But it has nothing to do with the NCAA or NCAA rules. If it was a teacher rather than a coach, would we say the NCAA needs to step in? No. This was a crime. It belongs in that sphere of enforcement.

Reaction Score
That's nice. I'm sure it's about a result, and there is no political motive involved.

This is a total non-story. Anyone who talks about it is just giving the Governor a victory for grandstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom