Penn State in a world of trouble vs. Delaware[Merged Thread]... | The Boneyard

Penn State in a world of trouble vs. Delaware[Merged Thread]...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UD was down 3 at the h alf, but now leads by 4 with about 4:00 to play in the game.

Reaction Score
All credit to Delaware and of course, EDD....but Penn State is NOT the 11/12th ranked team in the country....wayyyyyyyyyy overranked!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
76-69 now, Deleware up with a minute to go. down goes PSU! they were up to 12 in the rankings too...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
PSU goes down 80-71

Delaware: E. Donne 40 Pts, 12 Reb, 1 Ast, 3 Stl, 4 Blk

Maggie Lucas 3-11 from 3 and 12 pts.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
...but Penn State is NOT the 11/12th ranked team in the country....wayyyyyyyyyy overranked!

Where should they be ranked and who's in front of them?

Reaction Score
Penn State left their defense in the locker room at halftime.........EDD dominated them for 40 points.

OMG!! The Blue Hens??

Reaction Score
PS Doty's Philly buddy Machine Gun Lucas shot 4 for 17.........OUCH!!

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
Just got back from the game. Big win for Delaware. Never saw Elena look so happy. I took pics but going to bed now. I have to work in the morning.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
PSU has not played defense for two years. I suggested this was going to be a big problem on the PSU board given Elena. I was pretty sure they wouldn't hold her under 30 at Delaware.

The bigger issue last night was that PSU like UNC tries to out score teams rather than play tough D. Last night Maggie Lucas was 4-17 overall and 3-11 on 3s. You will get beat when your lead sniper plays like that.

Reaction Score
I watched the second half on the stream from the UDelaware site. Quite a gutty performance by the Blue Hens, because there was a point where it looked like PSU was about to take them out of it. Instead led by Delle Donne, but with big contributions from other players (it is definitely more than a one-player team), they took PSU's best shot and picked it up and turned it around. The crowd was good and seemed to be a big factor, especially as they were turning it around and putting it away down the stretch. The students in attendance stormed the court at the end of the game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This is an important lesson for PSU which was last year and is to date this a team that thinks they can get behind and then just turn it on at the end. It is a bad approach and they finally paid the price.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
From the Guru's game report:
Cheryl Reeve, the coach of the WNBA champion Minnesota Lynx, whose home in southern New Jersey is nearby, stopped by for “due diligence.”

“She (EDD) reminds me of (Seattle Storm superstar) Lauren Jackson, when she was young before she began posting up,” Reeve said at the half.

LINK

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Not quite, regarding Lauren. Delle Donne was a better shooter than Lauren was when Lauren entered the W, but Lauren was a better rebounder and defender (though she wasn't as good then as she is now). Donovan worked with Lauren (after Lin Dunn) on developing her post game.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
Thanks danny. Looks like the place was maybe 3/4 full. Was the crowd much of a factor?

The crowd was great. Good support from the student section who stormed the court. A good amount of fans came from Penn State.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not quite, regarding Lauren. Delle Donne was a better shooter than Lauren was when Lauren entered the W, but Lauren was a better rebounder and defender (though she wasn't as good then as she is now). Donovan worked with Lauren (after Lin Dunn) on developing her post game.

And Lauren can play very physically and give as good as she gets (if not better). Elena will struggle with the physical part of the game.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
And Lauren can play very physically and give as good as she gets (if not better). Elena will struggle with the physical part of the game.

Why do you say that?

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
Honestly, too bad DDone isn't with a better team, she's pretty awesome and exciting to watch. Maybe they can play some tough competition in the NCAA tourney this year like Gonzaga's Vandersloot last year, which was so fun to watch and cheer for. Just another great story in WCBB this year.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
Where should they be ranked and who's in front of them?
i think they are a no. 25 or less team, the Big Ten is just not strong in my eyes, especially since Ohio State can just beat its way up the tournament and conference every year...

THe SEC seems like a bad conference as well, Tenn needs TAMU to make that conference competitive, Kentucky barely makes Tenn sweat.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
Is it just me or is Georgetown overrated as well this year, i guess Mcnutt meant allot to the team.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
I watched the second half on the stream from the UDelaware site. Quite a gutty performance by the Blue Hens, because there was a point where it looked like PSU was about to take them out of it. Instead led by Delle Donne, but with big contributions from other players (it is definitely more than a one-player team), they took PSU's best shot and picked it up and turned it around. The crowd was good and seemed to be a big factor, especially as they were turning it around and putting it away down the stretch. The students in attendance stormed the court at the end of the game.

That is so cool that they stormed the court for a WCBB game, i'm even happier for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom