Penn State gets their man... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Penn State gets their man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Penn State is still a great school. It will take far less time to repair the "damage to the university" than people think. The Big Nittany isn't going away anythime soon.
No one knows ho long this will take because it's a complete unique situation. This isn't some recruiting scandal. It is child molestation that was hidden because the football program was protected at the expense of the kids. This could hurt recruiting for a long time.

On the field,Penn State also competes against, Michigan, Ohio Stae, and other top notch programs on an annual basis, so even a small step down could result in mediocre records for a long time.

Remember when JoPa hit his rough patch? Attendance started dropping quickly.

PSU may be a great school. But there is no guarantee that the football program will compete as a top tier program in the near future.

Reaction Score
Penn State is still a great school. It will take far less time to repair the "damage to the university" than people think. The Big Nittany isn't going away anythime soon.

There was damage to the PSU brand far beyond what would happen with a recruiting scandal or a few down years. That will hurt recruiting.

Reaction Score
There was damage to the PSU brand far beyond what would happen with a recruiting scandal or a few down years. That will hurt recruiting.

I agree completely. Penn State is in a world of hurt.

Penn State is ...buzzword of the current times.....TOXIC. Toxic waste decays over time, and Penn State will continue to have a toxic waste problem even well after the innocence or guilt is determined by the justice system for those involved in the alleged serial child rape and molestation and the alleged subsequent cover up that occurred there.

It's a tragedy of epic proportions and a horror story that makes any fictional horror seem harmless. It's tragic for everyone associated with such a great institution, that had nothing to do with the horror of it, but now forever will need to defend their association with the university and those within the univeristy that they may have held up so high in regard. People will constantly need to say, I didn't know anything about it. OR: That happened with people that were there before I was there. Etc. Etc.

It will decay over time, but like radioactive waste, it's not happening any time soon.

Reaction Score
Just what do the Lions see in O`Brien? No head coachng experience. I`d have been shocked if he had been chosen as UConn`s coach, let alone PSU.

Reaction Score
What do they see in O'Brien? Probably a guy that said "Yes, I'll do it.", instead of, "No, thanks.", or, "Let me think about it.", and then, "No, thanks."

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If Don Brown takes the Yale job, I sure hope that Tom Bradley comes to UConn as the DC.

With PP and GDL's connections and recruting prowess in NJ and New England combined with Bradley's connections and recruting prowess in Western PA, not only would our coaching staff be great football wise, but our recruiting capabilites would be 1,000x better than they were 2 years ago with the two major sources of talent in the Northest (NJ and Western PA).

Reaction Score
If Don Brown takes the Yale job, I sure hope that Tom Bradley comes to UConn as the DC.

I don't think so, unfortunately most of the staff at Penn St will have a tough time finding work just because of how it all went down. Can you imagine the flak they'll get from school administrators that approve hiring?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I don't think so, unfortunately most of the staff at Penn St will have a tough time finding work just because of how it all went down. Can you imagine the flak they'll get from school administrators that approve hiring?

I don't see that happening. What did the assistants do wrong (besides the guy who witnessed the shower sitation)? They had nothing to do with the situation at all (unless there is some information out there that I am not aware of). I don't see them having an issue getting jobs.

Reaction Score
I don't see that happening. What did the assistants do wrong (besides the guy who witnessed the shower sitation)? They had nothing to do with the situation at all (unless there is some information out there that I am not aware of). I don't see them having an issue getting jobs.

Anybody not directly associated will have a hard time washing that toxic stain off anytime they interact publicly with people wherever they end up, or with new acquaintances personally wherever they end up. They won't have a hard time finding jobs. It will be a buyer's market though, people are going to think real hard if they want to deal with the baggage, even if that person had absolutely no connection whatsoever, that's how damaging this has been to PSU, and again, all of it rightfully so, as it should have been dealt with clearly and cleanly and definitively and publicly many years ago.

Reaction Score
What do they see in O'Brien? Probably a guy that said "Yes, I'll do it.", instead of, "No, thanks.", or, "Let me think about it.", and then, "No, thanks."

Maybe he told them Penn State was his dream job?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
how come the psu kids aren't in full riot mode after this hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom