Penn State cleaning house on Friday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Penn State cleaning house on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surely there are going to be lots of unnamed sources out there saying lots of things. The DA had plenty of opportunity to indict Paterno, and didn't. Could it be that they're crossing every t and dotting every i ten times before going after the kingpin, sure. But I suspect if they knew something, they would've gone after him.

At the very least, the AG shouldn't have gone out of her way to say that Paterno fulfilled his responsibilities.

The DA, by the way, is not part of the picture because he early on turned the file over to the state citing "conflict of interest." No one knows what the conflict is but no one believes it was about his personal relationship with anyone involved. It may have a lot more to do with his office and its investigation in the past.

Reaction Score
I have a couple of PSU alumni friends who are promoting the Blue Out to End Child Abuse at their game on Saturday and my response to them was that they are about 10 years too late.

They should hold a "sit out to end child abuse". As in no one enters that stadium for the entire game, or at least the first quarter or first half. It won't happen, but it would send a much stronger message than everyone showing up wearing their school colors.

Shoot, if they don't want to misss the game b/c it would penalize the players who had ZERO to do with what happened, then they should all where yellow, green, or orange, any color other than blue or white.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I assumed that the indictments of just the AD and business manager were to put pressure on them to flip on the big fish. The pressure on those two must be monumental, so if they have something to say about Paterno, I imagine they will say it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wonder if the purge includes upstater?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
https://twitter.com/#!/AP

AP just reported that JoePa's retiring at the end of the season.

Assuming he's finishing the season.

Ahhh yes, let's let him retire. Maybe they could give him emeritus status and an office on campu......oh wait, they already tried that. I know Joe wasn't the one raping kids, but it sure does seem as though he turned a blind eye to it. Therefore, I just don't think he should get to determine his exit to this extent.

Reaction Score
I assumed that the indictments of just the AD and business manager were to put pressure on them to flip on the big fish. The pressure on those two must be monumental, so if they have something to say about Paterno, I imagine they will say it.

Agree. Also want more info on this charity. Something doesn't sound right there also, as this was his base of operations - could he have pulled this criminal activity off since the organization was founded in 1977 (or whenever he started, either before or after this date) while being the only one doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom