Penn St death penalty = UConn to Big Ten? | The Boneyard

Penn St death penalty = UConn to Big Ten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wouldnt that make child molestation the best thing to ever happen for UConn athletics? I am more than a little uncomfortable with that.

pj

Reaction Score
I am more than a little uncomfortable with that.

Don't be. If the Big Ten did this, it would be because they want the New York/NJ/NE media market and were seriously considering it anyway. It makes a lot of sense for them.

Reaction Score
If this is true, it is very possible we would be on the B1G's radar, regardless of what happened at PSU.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who is Eytan Shander? It would be extraordinarily good news for UConn. I don't see it happening though.

Reaction Score
Any links, attributions? I feel bad for bumping this cause it sounds like crap.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Who is Eytan Shander? It would be extraordinarily good news for UConn. I don't see it happening though.
Apparently he is a talk show host for SiriusXM.

CL82

Reaction Score
Apparently he is a talk show host for SiriusXM.
Thanks. Not quite Delaney is he?

If true this season's football is key.

Reaction Score
I believe the B1G actually keeps a rule on their books that all expansion must be to contiguous states; if not formally on the rule books, it has been the historic practice. (Yes, they could change the rule if they so desired...)

In view of that "rule", I think Missouri and Pittsburgh rank very highly in the event of PSU being booted. If you can still count Pa as B1G territory with PSU in flux, then Maryland and Rutgers enter the picture.

I have read PSU alums and fans complain about being on an island within the B1G; I honestly don't see UConn being added to B1G until, possibly, Rutgers is added first/simultaneously.

Reaction Score
I believe the B1G actually keeps a rule on their books that all expansion must be to contiguous states; if not formally on the rule books, it has been the historic practice. (Yes, they could change the rule if they so desired...)

In view of that "rule", I think Missouri and Pittsburgh rank very highly in the event of PSU being booted. If you can still count Pa as B1G territory with PSU in flux, then Maryland and Rutgers enter the picture.

I have read PSU alums and fans complain about being on an island within the B1G; I honestly don't see UConn being added to B1G until, possibly, Rutgers is added first/simultaneously.
There is no way Pitt would rank ahead of us. Rutgers is easily a future possibility. Saw a red Honda Accord coupe here with the "R" logo on back and a Rutgers license plate holder.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's a talk show host -- I think he just gives the news.

Not something I will speculate on unless Penn State isn't playing football. Until then, no one should be making what does or doesn't happen to PSU about conference realignment. How the Sandusky cover-up is reacted to is far more important than that.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There is no way Pitt would rank ahead of us. Rutgers is easily a future possibility. Saw a red Honda Accord coupe here with the "R" logo on back and a Rutgers license plate holder.

Believing Rutgers is a good expansion candidate because you saw an RU license plate holder on a beat up Accord is akin to thinking UConn's football history will be automatically enhanced and meaningful by updating Wikipedia.

Reaction Score
Believing Rutgers is a good expansion candidate because you saw an RU license plate holder on a beat up Accord is akin to thinking UConn's football history will be automatically enhanced and meaningful by updating Wikipedia.
I saw a car with a USF sticker up here, too. Couldn't believe it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Here's a tweet by Eytan Shander, sports anchor for Sirius XM:

(https://twitter.com/eytanshander/status/225926695285297154)

I guess the idea is that UConn would fill Penn State's schedule spot while they couldn't play. Presumably when PSU came back another team would be invited - Rutgers?

So wait....UConn would just fill football schedule and once PSU is back UConn is out? I don't see how this works. Does this make us a member or fill in? Does the BE allow this? All worthless questions because I truly feel this is a silly concept with no facts behind it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

The SEC also claims to not want more than one school from a state when expanding but I call BS on that as well. If the right school/opportunity arises, these silly "rules" will go out the window

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

pj

Reaction Score
So wait....UConn would just fill football schedule and once PSU is back UConn is out? I don't see how this works. Does this make us a member or fill in? Does the BE allow this? All worthless questions because I truly feel this is a silly concept with no facts behind it.

No. The Big Ten has been considering going to 16 from 12. UConn and Rutgers are top candidates for expansion because we would bring big NY/NJ/NE media markets to the Big Ten, markets where PSU/Mich/OSU already have followings. Would mean big money for the Big Ten Network.

PSU getting the death penalty would create scheduling and TV inventory problems, as well as potentially eliminating the lucrative conference championship game. They can solve that by timing expansion around the PSU penalty. UConn keeps them at 12 while PSU is banned, and then Rutgers+PSU would bring the league to 14 when PSU returns.

Reaction Score
I asked Eytan Shanders was he serious, he said it was a joke. I guess the guy is a total ass. I would think you would not be joking about Penn State stuff right now, but whatever

CL82

Reaction Score
I asked Eytan Shanders was he serious, he said it was a joke. I guess the guy is a total ass. I would think you would not be joking about Penn State stuff right now, but whatever

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Delaney can't have this announced early. Obviously, he called the Sirius guy to tell him to STFU! Seriously, do I have to spell this stuff out for you guys?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Looks like Eytan's 15 minutes of fame on this board are up.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Big 10 will just split their hundreds of millions 11 ways instead of 12 while Penn State is dormant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom