Pendergast won't be our AD | The Boneyard

Pendergast won't be our AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's on the courant.com frontage, surprised it hasn't been brought up here yet. Herbst (and the search firm) are on the clock. I think we might attract some higher profile candidates than we would have a decade ago. Then again the market has probably gotten more expensive, who knows.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
#BegHarder and eventually #NewEnglandsCollegeTeam will let us into the #ACC

Reaction Score
Was discussed earlier today on the site. If you hunt around some, you'll find it.

Likely that he was told they valued him more in a fundraising capacity, than as an AD. Likely thought that's where he could help the university the most. He got the message and made his announcement. It's really a win-win! We're fortunate to have him!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Meiser would be a complete disaster. I'll never forgive her for the way she badmouthed Karl Hobbs when he didn't take the Hartford job. Nevermind the way she has steered the MBB program into the ditch.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The more I think about this, the more I believe it is possible that whoever gets hired as the next AD will be a strong indicator as to where our future conference affiliation lies.

I know the decision on conference affiliation is made by the presidents, but hiring someone who has a history or relationship with a particular conference would be advantageous. If Herbst has a good idea where UConn is headed, it would make sense to hire someone who already has connections in that conference. It will make the transition to the new conference much easier.

In business, if you want to land in important client, it is always helpful to hire someone who works at that client to help you navigate the landscape.

It will be interesting to see who she selects.

Reaction Score
I agree Shakey. Now let`s make a list of all the Big 10 AD`s and Assistant AD`s and we can have some fun with the winnowing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom