PeeCee vs Nova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PeeCee vs Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It feels very weird seeing this Nova team ranked so highly. They wouldn't be in the top half of the Big East standings if we still had the old alignment.

I think Nova is a great team. They deserve to be there and their record surely justifies it. They are 23-3 in the fourth best league in the country. What else do you need? until proven otherwise, they deserve to be #9 or perhaps better. Fifth best RPI in the country also. Creighton is also a heck of a team. They should break the top 10 soon

Reaction Score
Bryce Cotton is the real deal. I still think Shabazz is the superior player, but Cotton is doing it all by himself.

Reaction Score
I think Nova is a great team. They deserve to be there and their record surely justifies it. They are 23-3 in the fourth best league in the country. What else do you need? until proven otherwise, they deserve to be #9 or perhaps better. Fifth best RPI in the country also. Creighton is also a heck of a team. They should break the top 10 soon

All I can say is that Villanova doesn't come close to passing the eye test. They have two good wins on the year, both in a preseason tournament. They beat Kansas when everything thought Kansas was going to be great, not the over hyped squad that beat Texas Tech by 1 last night. Creighton has beaten Villanova and that's it.

Both schools look good in the RPI because the Big East doesn't have teams, but also no great teams.

Reaction Score

Much worse teams have folded and blown games against Cuse @ home. Just go back to NCSU this weekend. Not impressed.

Edit. Nova obviously doesn't suck. Pinkston is a match up nightmare and they have a lot of solid guards. I think they are more like a 5-6 seed than a 2-3.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Hmmm... to bad he didn't think of doing a post-grad season at UCONN while he still had eligibility.

atleast the back-to-back NIT dream season dream is still alive.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

I wonder what was the bigger thrill? Getting to OT against a team that was up by 22 before losing or last year's dream season NIT run?

Reaction Score
They beat Kansas when everything thought Kansas was going to be great, not the over hyped squad that beat Texas Tech by 1 last night.

Kansas is not overhyped. It would take Duke or Syracuse a decade to play as many tough games as Kansas has this season alone, and if you think that they're a team that UConn wants to see in the tournament you should watch them play a little bit more.

Reaction Score
Kansas is not overhyped. It would take Duke or Syracuse a decade to play as many tough games as Kansas has this season alone, and if you think that they're a team that UConn wants to see in the tournament you should watch them play a little bit more.

Kansas is better than UCONN. Kansas is also not #2 in the country with the supposed best HS player since Lebron anymore. Everything is relative.

Reaction Score
Kansas is better than UCONN. Kansas is also not #2 in the country with the supposed best HS player since Lebron anymore. Everything is relative.

Relative to what? Who do you think is better? I'm not sure if Kansas is #2 or not. I don't think I've seen anyone better than they are. They also could very well have the #1 and #2 picks in the draft this year.

Reaction Score
Last night I checked on the hoop scores on my I phone. I saw that PC was leading Nova by 1 with around 2.5 min. left in the 2nd OT.
I decided to turn on Fox1 to watch the conclusion. This was my 1st time watching Fox1. What stood out (actually didn't stand out) was the poor quality of the TV picture. It was like watching ESPN3 streaming on my laptop. And I have a 55" Samsung flat screen.
After the PC-Nova game they switched to the St. John's -Butler game at the Garden. The picture quality was even worse. Is this standard for Fox1?

Their sound quaility is awful as well, I was watching the St Johns/Georgetown game on Sunday and the sound levels were all over the place, I had to constantly turn down the sound during commercial breaks because the sound was so low during the actual game. Of the next tier sports channels after ESPN they easily have the worst picture and sound after NBC Sports and CBS Sports.

Reaction Score
Relative to what? Who do you think is better? I'm not sure if Kansas is #2 or not. I don't think I've seen anyone better than they are. They also could very well have the #1 and #2 picks in the draft this year.
Kansas has the most talent in the nation but outside of a 5 game stretch they haven't looked all that good. I think there are a lot of teams better than them right now.

Reaction Score

Relative to early season expectations. I watched them put up stinkers vs. Kansas State and Texas and was not impressed in either game. Likewise, I've seen them look awesome vs. Duke and ISU. They are an incredibly talented but inconsistent team.

My only point is that I'm not blown away that Villanova beat this team in November.

Reaction Score
Relative to early season expectations. I watched them put up stinkers vs. Kansas State and Texas and was not impressed in either game. Likewise, I've seen them look awesome vs. Duke and ISU. They are an incredibly talented but inconsistent team.

My only point is that I'm not blown away that Villanova beat this team in November.

That's interesting. I don't put much stock in a close win on the road in conference - road conference wins are road conference wins - and the Kansas State loss is a rivalry road game that they lost in overtime to a team that was coming off a blowout win over Texas. But Kansas seems to have played an exponentially tougher schedule than just about anyone else - there was a stretch earlier in the season where it seemed like they were on a barnstorming tour of future tournament teams - so I think they're going to be exceptionally well tested in March. I'm not sure that a Villanova-Kansas rematch played today would go down the same as it did at Thanksgiving. They've got talent and great role players all over the court. I wouldn't want to play them.

Reaction Score
Kansas has the most talent in the nation but outside of a 5 game stretch they haven't looked all that good. I think there are a lot of teams better than them right now.

A lot, huh? Let's hear them.

caw

Reaction Score

Cotton should be a HM AA at least. He may be deserving of higher accolades but it's a pretty deep year for talent.

PC has two more chances (neither easy) win at Creighton or win the C7(+3)T.

Edit: Cotton has grown so much as a player it is impressive. Shame he hasn't been allowed to play his best position this year.

Reaction Score
Cotton should be a HM AA at least. He may be deserving of higher accolades but it's a pretty deep year for talent.

PC has two more chances (neither easy) win at Creighton or win the C7(+3)T.

Edit: Cotton has grown so much as a player it is impressive. Shame he hasn't been allowed to play his best position this year.

In a way it helped him though, he has no chance of being a SG at the next level, if he has any chance of making it at least he showed scouts what he could do as a PG.

Reaction Score
Cotton must have been a Keno Davis recruit. From what I remember, 3+ years ago, Friar fans were on the old Scout boneyard board professing the fact that Keno will lead PC past UConn for New England hoops supremacy. That was as recent as 2-3 months before he got canned.
I know PC's record wasn't great that year, but it was only Keno's 3rd season in a very tough situation. Refresh my memory, what did he do to fall out of favor with PC folk in such a short period of time?

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Cotton must have been a Keno Davis recruit. From what I remember, 3+ years ago, Friar fans were on the old Scout boneyard board professing the fact that Keno will lead PC past UConn for New England hoops supremacy. That was as recent as 2-3 months before he got canned.
I know PC's record wasn't great that year, but it was only Keno's 3rd season in a very tough situation. Refresh my memory, what did he do to fall out of favor with PC folk in such a short period of time?

Well in retrospect. It was the right move. PC is at heights they haven't hit in almost a generation.

Think about.

Losing in OT BUT to a team that lost to the #1 team by only 16
Losing twice to UCONN last year - But both close games.
Losing in the NIT BUT after making a thrilling, deep run.
Perfectly lined up for another thrilling NIT dream season.

Reaction Score
Yonick said:
Cotton must have been a Keno Davis recruit. From what I remember, 3+ years ago, Friar fans were on the old Scout boneyard board professing the fact that Keno will lead PC past UConn for New England hoops supremacy. That was as recent as 2-3 months before he got canned. I know PC's record wasn't great that year, but it was only Keno's 3rd season in a very tough situation. Refresh my memory, what did he do to fall out of favor with PC folk in such a short period of time?

Keno had some of the most horrific defensive teams I have seen, plus PC had a bunch of off court issues. He isn't in the same class as Cooley, who the jury is still out on, but I would bet leads PC to semi consistent NCAAT appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom