Peach Jam | The Boneyard

Peach Jam

Reaction Score
I was gearing up to watch some of our 2025 recruiting targets at Peach Jam over the next week and looking at the schedule. It is occurring to me only a couple of our recruits are even playing. Am I correct that Peach Jam this year will almost be a non-event with regard to our primary known recruits?

Eric Reibe, Nate Ament, Braylon Mullins, Nick Bundalo, & Chris Cenac do not play on the Nike Circuit unless I'm mistaken?
Darius Acuff plays on The Family (MI) and the team didn't win enough to make it, finishing 14th in their division.
Acaden Lewis plays on Team Durant (DC) and finished 15th behind The Family so isn't playing
Burries is on SFG from CA and has to win play-in games tomorrow to be playing
Cayden Boozer & Dybantsa don't seem like our primary targets but will be there

So Meleek Thomas #5 on New Heights Lightening, Darius Adams #1 on PSA Cardinals, and Dwayne Aristode on Expressions Elite, are our only discussed recruits playing?
A podcaster associated us with a 6'9 center 210lb John Clark ranked #46 playing at Link Academy, but I haven't noticed him on a roster either
Maybe we offer somebody else as a result of their play but in most years there is a bunch to get a look at.

Who am I missing or in error about?

Reaction Score
I was gearing up to watch some of our 2025 recruiting targets at Peach Jam over the next week and looking at the schedule. It is occurring to me only a couple of our recruits are even playing. Am I correct that Peach Jam this year will almost be a non-event with regard to our primary known recruits?

Eric Reibe, Nate Ament, Braylon Mullins, Nick Bundalo, & Chris Cenac do not play on the Nike Circuit unless I'm mistaken?
Darius Acuff plays on The Family (MI) and the team didn't win enough to make it, finishing 14th in their division.
Acaden Lewis plays on Team Durant (DC) and finished 15th behind The Family so isn't playing

So Meleek Thomas #5 on New Heights Lightening, Darius Adams #1 on PSA Cardinals, and Dwayne Aristode on Expressions Elite, are our only discussed recruits playing?
A podcaster associated us with a 6'9 center 210lb John Clark ranked #46 playing at Link Academy, but I haven't noticed him on a roster either
Maybe we offer somebody else as a result of their play but in most years there is a bunch to get a look at.

The teams that don't make Peach Jam are still playing. Different venue, but the games will be posted. I think it's called "Peaah Invitational" or something like that.

Reaction Score

Good breakdown

Reaction Score
Strive for Greatness won the play-in, so Burries will be in the main Peach Jam field, too. He was really good in the game. We've offered, but not sure how serious the interest is for him, though.

Reaction Score
From Peach Jam. UConn (probably an assistant) watching Burries.

NO SLOWING DOWN BRAYDEN BURRIES

Five-star guard Brayden Burries has played a lot of basketball this summer. We have spotted the San Bernardino (Calif.) native at multiple EYBL Sessions, prestigious camps, and Section 7. He even was spotted playing in the Drew League earlier this month.

The common denominator with Burries competing in the settings we have attended is that he produces as the best player on the floor and does so in a winning fashion.

At 6-foot-5 with a strong frame, Burries is a beast of a guard who is balanced playing through contact. He is a safe bet prospect who will help a team win at a high level and was up to his usual standards of being aggressive on his attack and changing pace with fluid movements while running the point guard position.

He put together a strong 22-point, ten-rebound performance with several of his suitors sitting on the sidelines and the baseline bleachers.

Coaches who were watching Burries

Eric Musselman
, Dana Altman, and Jim Larranaga along with assistants at Arizona, Arkansas, Clemson, Connecticut, Duke, Georgia, Kansas, Northwestern, Tennessee, and SMU.

Reaction Score
I can see Hurley and Kimani courtside for Acaden Lewis right now. He just dove for a loose ball right by them. Love it.

There's a weird irony in a 2x national champ making 8 million a year being forced to sit with about -8 inches of breathing room shoulder to shoulder in a HS gym.

Reaction Score
There's a weird irony in a 2x national champ making 8 million a year being forced to sit with about -8 inches of breathing room shoulder to shoulder in a HS gym.

The weirdness of it always hits home when it's some 70 year old dude like Izzo who could be doing anything else in the world he wanted and he's sitting in some crappy bleachers watching a glorified open run in the middle of July.

Reaction Score
You've got good eyes, I still can't pick them out. So far I haven't seen a player that could take minutes from Mahaney, Nowell, Ball, or Thomas if he comes on board as expected. Nothing wrong, but not the aggressiveness I expected to see from Lewis. (Hurley in the white hat at 1st half defensive end?)

Reaction Score
If we thought The Family and Team Durant were bad, get a look at Mac Irvin.

Jadyn Harris on Durant is having a career day. 200+ recruit going off, 4/5 from 3. Seems like a Shaka or Pitino type guy.

Lewis has that Kadary Richmond body language. Walk around, conserve energy, then attack at full speed. Just threw a bullet pass into the 8th bleachers (if there were more than 1 row that is). Not shooting good today, but shot looks nice. Just drove off PnR for a nice lefty And-1. Then got his pocket picked clean. Then drove right and found a nice baseline crosscourt kickout. He can play, but seems like a guy that will have to learn that The Wrench ran everywhere.

Reaction Score
Now at the end of the third qtr he has played the whole game so far. Hard for me to put a handle on anything. He has conserved energy, has been under the boards without seeking to box anybody out and without results, he hit a 3, took the ball into the lane successfully and unsuccessfully. He gets rid of the ball immediately as a defender approaches so tough to evaluate skills under ball pressure. If I didn't know his ranking and our interest, I wouldn't suspect. Just doesn't seem like a good game to form an evaluation.

Reaction Score
Lewis just made a contested jelly layup and then a deep bomb 3. Up to 21 points on 19 shots (2/7 from 3).

Reaction Score
This was some of the worst basketball I've seen in a while, but no surprise. Here's the stats and preliminary thoughts. I've posted a more complete write-up before. Not much new here. I may have messed up a stat here or there. It was hard to pay attention to.

20 PTS
5 REB (2 offensive)
9 AST

4 TO
1 STL
0 BLK

4/12 2FG
3/8 3FG
3/3 FT
  • Kimani and Hurley courtside.
  • His finishing is kind of a disaster today. Getting caught in traffic with no plan. Doing too much. 4/12 from 2 is awful.
  • 0/7 from the field in Q1. Oof. After that 7/13 is pretty good though.
  • Really doesn’t turn the ball over even in chaotic situations normally. Pretty consistent in that. Some bad TOs late when the game was out of hand though. Threw one above hurley’s head and another time just got stripped because he was lazy. 3 TOs were in the last 6 minutes of the game up 15+
  • He is a PG. Other guys we’re recruiting are all 2Gs. Has the ball in his hands every single possession. 1 man press break.
  • Quite a bit of matador defense today… no surprise for AAU in PIT.
  • Actually reminds me a bit of a taller Shabazz… not the same kind of handle, but that quick out-of-nowhere 3-ball, the handsiness on defense. He’s built the same way as Mahaney though.
  • Breaks pressure nicely with both hands. Can’t finish with his left very well, but the handles are there.
  • Passing is definitely his best asset. Made some eye-poppers today

Edit: The EYBL stat keepers got him for 3 assists. That is definitely way off. I tend to be generous with assists, but I'm not buffering him 6.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The weirdness of it always hits home when it's some 70 year old dude like Izzo who could be doing anything else in the world he wanted and he's sitting in some crappy bleachers watching a glorified open run in the middle of July.
Some of these guys wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they weren't in high school gyms scouting kids.

Reaction Score
I may have messed up a stat here or there. It was hard to pay attention to.
  • Breaks pressure nicely with both hands. Can’t finish with his left very well, but the handles are there.
The stats are here on the Exposure site. They're live in-game so you don't have to worry about keeping them (although the quality of the stat keeping is another question).

Not being able to finish with his left is a bit of a problem since he's a lefty lol.

Reaction Score
The stats are here on the Exposure site. They're live in-game so you don't have to worry about keeping them (although the quality of the stat keeping is another question).

Not being able to finish with his left is a bit of a problem since he's a lefty lol.

The stats they take are a disaster. Like I said in my edit above... he had way more than 3 assists. I gave him 9, though a couple may have been generous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom