2022 Recruiting: - Peach Jam Stats | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Peach Jam Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Expressions was down 21. Karaban is doing work... just cut the lead to 1 with 1:29 left with his 2nd and-1 of the game. I believe he's got 15/8/2 right now (but I'm not keeping track). Shooting %s not solid, but he's making a lot of winning plays.

Edit: anndddd onto OT

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Karaban vs NH Lightning
  • Nailed 2 3s from NBA range to open up the game.
  • I like the way he contests. Needs to do a better job stopping the shot from getting up to begin with though. People shoot over him too easily at times inside and out
  • Great passing vs the press. Snappy, hits the middle when he can, keeps his feet on the ground vs length.
  • I could see 7-9 potential assists or foul assists his teammates missed. AAU raw assist #s are really hard to judge. He’s definitely going to be a decent passer for his size. Probably not GREAT like Andre is, but not a concern passing the rock either.
  • Needs some work getting efficient with his footwork using screens.
  • Nice job forcing a shot clock violation with his feet on a smaller guard in the 2nd Q.
  • I count 3 defensive plays that stuck out as really bad. Got back cut twice… to be fair his team was down a zillion at the time
  • Talks to his teammates a LOT on defense--love it
  • Seems to back rim him misses--might need more arc. Fantastic looking rotation and balance in the shot.
  • GREAT back cut for 2 early 2nd half
  • Hit ahead passes are A+... hit ahead in traffic to find a guy for a layup after a rebound 2x.
  • Working on his handle will need to be a priority along with getting in the gym. A handle will get him to a true SF… right now he’s more PF with a shot and good enough passing to be used in a press break
  • Not strong at the rim scoring at all. Feels like he misses everything in the games I’ve seen even though overall I think he’s around 50% at the rim… doesn’t make the tough ones. Weird because on offensive rebounds he seems to put the ball in really well.
  • 2 blocks, I think.
  • Likely the slowest player on our team when he arrives that isn’t a 5. Isn’t blowing by anyone even in AAU. It's part of why he is so bad at the rim right now. He’ll need to be sheltered on defense somewhat by not guarding quicker 3s or 4s if possible. But he is VERY good in the hedge.
  • + rebounder… very fundamental.
  • Still hasn’t missed a FT. 7/7 or 8/8 this game I think. He’s our tech shooter whether he’s on the floor or the bench day 1. He isn’t going to miss.
  • Really smart about filling his lane in transition… doesn’t bog up the ballhandler

• finished with 22/11/3. … I think 2/7 or 2/8 from 3. 2 blocks

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like Karaban had a mediocre day today. 13/5/3 on 5/13 shooting (1/4 from 3). Seemed like Expressions played well on D though, because Wagner and Mgbako were bad and Expressions won.

Floyd didn't shoot well 1-4 from 3, 0-3 FT, but had 7 assists to 2 turnovers and 5 steals.

Starling didn't play.

Rodgers stuffed the stat sheet in 15 min (8 points, made half his shots, 7 rebounds, couple assists, couple steals, no turnovers).

Anglin and Rens playing later tonight.

Reaction Score
Looks like Karaban had a mediocre day today. 13/5/3 on 5/13 shooting (1/4 from 3). Seemed like Expressions played well on D though, because Wagner and Mgbako were bad and Expressions won.

Floyd didn't shoot well 1-4 from 3, 0-3 FT, but had 7 assists to 2 turnovers and 5 steals.

Starling didn't play.

Rodgers stuffed the stat sheet in 15 min (8 points, made half his shots, 7 rebounds, couple assists, couple steals, no turnovers).

Anglin and Rens playing later tonight.
Starling didn’t play because he tested positive for covid. His Peach Jam is over. Same with Filipowski and others. Was bound to happen with this more contagious Delta variant.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Any diamond in the rough guys that caught anyone’s eye? I believe that this was the same tournament that landed Jeremy Lamb an offer a decade of so ago & we all know how that turned out.

Reaction Score
Really exciting that our targets & commits are making big deep shots in the clutch with games on the line. On a big stage with other stars on their teams, they are showing the moxie and confidence to step up. Just in situations I saw, Anglin with a game winning 3, Bowen with a game winning 3, Floyd with 2 3's(1 to go OT and 1 key in OT I think), Karaban with a 3 to go to OT then a 3 to win, Karaban with 7 straight 3's comeback win at Pangos.

Having a collection of good percentage shooters is great. Having a collection of guys that are clutch shooters in pressure situations is even better. Who does the other team focus on? I remember Larry Brown saying UConn ran a huge number of plays and actions, but they all ended with Boatright taking the shot so it was easy to defend. If things fall into place our team is really coming together.

Reaction Score
Sticking with 2022 since I don't know which kids are on some of the 16U teams yet. Shout to @cue_the_music. Might be incomplete, but here's who we have watching the games. A check for each coach (so 3 checks for 3 coaches, even if it's one game)... should give us a good sense of priorities to round out the class.

Floyd: I I I I I I I I I I I I I I (14x, Dan 5x)

Anglin: I I I I I I I (7x, Dan 1x)

Starling: I I I I I I (6x, Dan 2x)

Karaban: I I I I I I I I I I I I I I (14x, Dan 4x)

Rodgers: I I I I I I I I I I (10x, Dan 1x)

Danny spent the majority of his time in the 16u games. Cool to see him deferring to assistant here--must really trust them.

Clearly developing that relationship with Floyd is a big point of emphasis. Karaban like we knew is priority #1 right now. Anglin/Starling is probably one or the other, and it's sort of reflected in their recruitment... right about even.

Reaction Score
Sticking with 2022 since I don't know which kids are on some of the 16U teams yet. Shout to @cue_the_music. Might be incomplete, but here's who we have watching the games. A check for each coach (so 3 checks for 3 coaches, even if it's one game)... should give us a good sense of priorities to round out the class.

Floyd: I I I I I I I I I I I I I I (14x, Dan 5x)

Anglin: I I I I I I I (7x, Dan 1x)

Starling: I I I I I I (6x, Dan 2x)

Karaban: I I I I I I I I I I I I I I (14x, Dan 4x)

Rodgers: I I I I I I I I I I (10x, Dan 1x)

Danny spent the majority of his time in the 16u games. Cool to see him deferring to assistant here--must really trust them.

Clearly developing that relationship with Floyd is a big point of emphasis. Karaban like we knew is priority #1 right now. Anglin/Starling is probably one or the other, and it's sort of reflected in their recruitment... right about even.
Expect Karaban to commit before Labor Day. That will be three. Danny likes classes of 3-4. Ideally in the books by mid September.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32