PC vs Georgetown thread | The Boneyard

PC vs Georgetown thread

Reaction Score
Must win for PC if they want a bid. Was just discussing with a buddy, how many games better would PC’s record be with Hopkins? I think they’d be around 24-7 with a legit shot at the Elite 8. He agreed. It’s really too bad.

Reaction Score
Must win for PC if they want a bid. Was just discussing with a buddy, how many games better would PC’s record be with Hopkins? I think they’d be around 24-7 with a legit shot at the Elite 8. He agreed. It’s really too bad.
It's not too bad, they somehow copped the BEPOY out from under ENwton for a 7th place team - simply ridiculous. I hope Georgetown embarrasses them.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not that either outcome would make much difference to me but Cooley driving the final nail in their coffin would be one hell of a kick in the nuts.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is it, though?

Reaction Score
Is it, though?
I think so. We’ve had too much good fortune to revel in injuries to other teams. I also like a strong Big East. PC could have been very strong nationally this season. Now the B12 will get 9 bids or something stupid.

Reaction Score
Hopkins best player at PC, yes? Take out our best player and how you like it now? No fun.

Reaction Score
Rooting for Georgetown because it'd be funny but it's looking like PC will end the game in about 15 minutes

Reaction Score
Carter shares the ball so well. PC is a solid top 50-60 team without Hopkins.

Cooley needs to hit the portal real hard.

Reaction Score
Not really. I think they would have lost more than 7 games, and really had no chance at the Elite 8. There’s too many better teams. They have no depth. New coach. Poor culture. They’ll beat Georgetown but lose the next game. Then the NIT to possibly add to their banners.

Reaction Score
Georgetown is Epps and nothing else. He has 16 on 60%. Georgetown has 21 total

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Georgetown is Epps and nothing else. He has 16 on 60%. Georgetown has 21 total
I agree, but still would like to see GTown pull a rabbit out of the hat

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Sorry to say, Providence is just that much better right now

Reaction Score
I'm seriously questioning Cooley's coaching ability. His roster is trash, but still, not able to beat ANYONE in the big east other than Depaul?? I guess this point just came home to me while watching this game. At one point, Cooley had clearly called for a press after a made free throw, and every player but one forgot, lol. (The one player who did threw up his hands to say, WTF?) I'm sorry, but that's coaching. Can you imagine any other team (other than St Johns, lol) forgetting to set up the press after a timeout?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Georgetown just appears to be incapable.

Good for PC. Hope they can manage an NCAAT bid out of this week's tourney.

But, still...Hoyas are really bad.

Reaction Score
Cooley has his money and has at least two more years(cuz of his buyout number) to show some progress. He hit the lottery at GT

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Cooley has his money and has at least two more years(cuz of his buyout number) to show some progress. He hit the lottery at GT
He did, but he is really in a do-or-die position.

He has 2 or so more years at GTown. But then that is it. He either drags them up or he is done. Not only there, but as a legitimate D-1 coach prospect.

Reaction Score
Providence is begging Georgetown to steal this game with stupid turnovers and missed layups, but at the end of the day Georgetown is Georgetown and is blowing every opportunity

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Providence is begging Georgetown to steal this game with stupid turnovers and missed layups, but at the end of the day Georgetown is Georgetown and is blowing every opportunity
G Town has had about a thousand open 3s. Can't buy one.

Reaction Score
I'm seriously questioning Cooley's coaching ability. His roster is trash, but still, not able to beat ANYONE in the big east other than Depaul?? I guess this point just came home to me while watching this game. At one point, Cooley had clearly called for a press after a made free throw, and every player but one forgot, lol. (The one player who did threw up his hands to say, WTF?) I'm sorry, but that's coaching. Can you imagine any other team (other than St Johns, lol) forgetting to set up the press after a timeout?
Cooley is a high floor moderate ceiling coach. But yes, I feel like Georgetown should have at least 5 games. He bears a lot of fault for this year IMO. Their offense probably averages 1.5 passes before a shot is taken.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Cooley is a high floor moderate ceiling coach. But yes, I feel like Georgetown should have at least 5 games. He bears a lot of fault for this year IMO. Their offense probably averages 1.5 passes before a shot is taken.
That and apparently they can't make free throws. They're something like 4-12 from the line.

Reaction Score
Epps had 30 but Georgetown lost. They would have lost by a lot more if he wasn't there. BET MOP?

Reaction Score
Georgetown kid hits a nice 3pt to cut it to single digits, then the team plays like trash to close out the game.

Reaction Score
Providence fans chanting "MVP" as Devin Carter walks off the floor, while Josh Oduro led the Friars in scoring on a higher FG%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom