PC, Seton Hall and SJ scared? | The Boneyard

PC, Seton Hall and SJ scared?

Reaction Score
Good.

So, good for the Big East. Good for Dan Hurley, the ex-Rhody coach who will have to endure late night flights home from SMU and Memphis for only one more season.

But what about Providence, Seton Hall and St. John’s? You just helped the conference but you also hurt yourself.

With the blessing of your presidents and AD’s, you just woke a sleeping giant. Hurley is upgrading from a Cadillac to a Rolls-Royce in terms of recruiting targets. His first full class of recruits includes three Top 100 talents. Now he’ll target top 50, top 25 kids and see his text messages returned.

Reaction Score
Love the last paragraph. I can't say my eyes didn't mist a little reading it.

But now they’ve been given a new life, courtesy of the Big East schools they once regularly trounced. Get ready Providence and Seton Hall fans. If a vision of Hurley and his Huskies cutting down the nets at the Garden turns your stomach, you’d better stock up on the Maalox.

Reaction Score
Yesterday, I got on each of the BE schools forums to see how they felt about UConn to the BE (I'm retired; time on my hands.) Every board had one or more posts that said, "Good for the conference, but bad for <fill in school's name>". Most of the fear was over recruiting.

Reaction Score
Good.

So, good for the Big East. Good for Dan Hurley, the ex-Rhody coach who will have to endure late night flights home from SMU and Memphis for only one more season.

But what about Providence, Seton Hall and St. John’s? You just helped the conference but you also hurt yourself.

With the blessing of your presidents and AD’s, you just woke a sleeping giant. Hurley is upgrading from a Cadillac to a Rolls-Royce in terms of recruiting targets. His first full class of recruits includes three Top 100 talents. Now he’ll target top 50, top 25 kids and see his text messages returned.

That’s just a pathetic response. Did this guy go to BC?

Bravo to the BE schools for being up for the challenge. If you want to be the best you need to go through the best.

BC side: let’s cancel the Clemson game because we are afraid of an embarrassing loss.

Other side: let’s give it our best at that one in a million chance we beat them. App State got a lot of mileage out of their win.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yesterday, I got on each of the BE schools forums to see how they felt about UConn to the BE (I'm retired; time on my hands.) Every board had one or more posts that said, "Good for the conference, but bad for <fill in school's name>". Most of the fear was over recruiting.
I was looking on Sunday, I was surprised how salty most to the fanbases were, with the exception of Nova and Gtown. Insecurity I guess.

Reaction Score
Not exactly the best written article, the AAC isn't as good as the Big East some years and Ollie certainly didn't lose his job because of the AAC.

Reaction Score
Good.

"The Huskies have won one game in the NCAA’s and had one player (Daniel Hamilton) drafted by the NBA in the last five years"

Umm...what? We won the championship in 2014, so we definitely won "a few more" NCAA games than one lol
Also, Shabazz was drafted too.

Reaction Score
"The Huskies have won one game in the NCAA’s and had one player (Daniel Hamilton) drafted by the NBA in the last five years"

Umm...what? We won the championship in 2014, so we definitely won "a few more" NCAA games than one lol
Last 5 seasons, he should have said. Which is what he meant.

Reaction Score

That was 6 seasons ago. 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019 are the last five years he is referring to.

Reaction Score
Not exactly the best written article, the AAC isn't as good as the Big East some years and Ollie certainly didn't lose his job because of the AAC.

Yea, i'm not real sure outside of Nova post nati there's a lot of top 25 recruits outside of Philly. The ncaa results kind of show this in spades.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom